ARGH! I have had a few momentous, strenuous weeks. First I had a super killer test (CISA) that is like the CPA for accountants. As I walked into the building all I saw all these teens with braces and cell phones and I couldn't believe all these kids were about to take the exam...I was so mad, then I found out that the ACT was going on in the room next door! I started feeling a bit more amped and then... I see the guy who sexually harassed me at a client's site last year!! **There has been some confusion about this last statement...this perv just followed me around, would try and rub my back, talked about his vasectomy, etc. Nothing more.** He was taking the test too. I felt like barfing. Luckily as I sat in my assigned seat I noticed a sweet little pencil rendition of a kitty! Wonderful feelings of warmth crept over me and I probably failed, but I probably only failed by a little. I guess we get to find out in 2 MONTHS when they let me know!
Then...I found out 4 days before I had to travel that I was going to start commuting to STOCKTON, CA. A full 2 hour flight, a 60 minute drive south, and staying in a town that is ranked second in national crime. Not only am I here this week, but I GET to come back for the next 16 weeks. Make that 15 because it has already been a week. I fly in Sunday night and fly home Friday. The customer we are working on is pretty darn cool though. I am at Washington Mutual doing investigation work about cash aggregation transactions to see if there is money laundering. Way cooler than SOX work, but still. Anyway...hell is making itself apparent lately and I am trudging through.
When I flew into Sacramento on Sunday, my flight was delayed an hour, I couldn't find my luggage (don't worry I finally did), I had a GPS and printed out directions; however, the main freeway was closed and I had to call Kevin at 2:00 am to have him look up streets to get my to Stockton. Finally at 3:00 am I got to my hotel. I was given the key to my room and I tried to get in, fiercely. After my key didn't work, I told the front desk and they informed me that someone else was in that room and she gave me the wrong room number. Those lucky scared tourists!! The worst part so far has been when I saw a kitty and tried to cuddle it and it HISSED at me!
14 years ago
7 comments:
Stockton is lovely! I hope you enjoy all the Robin Hood-esque street names there...they're great! I believe the mall is even themed as such as well.
Aw Katie. We totally missed you this week. My Katie got to finally meet Mr. Meow and was so darn excited. I'll have to bring her over again when you're there - it was cracking me up!
holy crap Katie, you are one busy girl! I'm glad I have a smart friend like you so that I can brag about you to the computer guys I work with :)
Thanks guys! By the way who is this "g" person. Obviously they are confused about which STOCKTON I was talking about. Did I mention that we say a man in a car swerve to hit a pedestrian and then chase after him? Or that the building I am working at was held up by gun point, in broad day light, less than a month ago?
If only it were a bit closer! Stockton is a good hour and a half away from where we're at. I can't imagine that kind of a commute each week, I hope it goes quickly for you!
Another random Stockton fact? Highest foreclosure rate in the country. People here in San Jose are thinking of jumping ship and moving there to buy a semi-affordable home. The only other thing I know about that area is that our closest Sonic is there - Caleb's second love, after our dog. :)
Katie- you be careful out there! You're such a trooper! We'll have to get together when you're commuting stint is over.
look at you career woman! i am so proud. hang in there! ( and i am sure you passed your test!)
Post a Comment