Saturday, May 31, 2008

meow

The meow was looking like a dirty street cat and so my mother and I decided to bath him. I would have never taken on this adventure myself, but cheryl-barrel is a pro....supposedly. So we fill the tub with a couple of inches of water, strip to our birthday suits to avoid getting our clothes wet (not the smartest think when fighting something with sharp claws), and try and hold the squawking fur ball down. Unfortunately he was adamant about staying dry and decided to use nails/teeth to climb to glory. I was aware enough to back away, but mother dearest hung in for all 9 rounds and the cat came out shampooed and conditioned like a beauty. However, mother had a few scars: her back looked like it was naturally red stripped and shoulder/tummy have several teeth marks. She was bruising like a balloon and after it the swelling and irritation hadn't gone down by the next day she waltzed into the ER. A few hundred mgs of antibiotics later and she is doing just fine. The cat now is SO soft and shiny and smells like flowers.

3 comments:

Kimba said...

I am highly impressed! Abby Kilpack and I once tried to bath her cat outside when we were in elementary school. It didn't turn out so well. She got wet, and that was about it. :)

Sorry about the "Kimba" thing, it's a nickname my old manager at Cold Stone (yeah for high school jobs!) started calling me, and it stuck. :)

Matthew & Sophia said...

Ohhh, the kids and I love the kitty, He looks so soft.

Chelsey said...

What an adventure! Cheryl is such a sport. MEOW!