Tuesday, May 6, 2008

...Good Times...

La la la la LLLAAA! Sometimes I just feel like singing. I made another hat and this time experimented with adding a flower to it. I need to learn how to make flowers properly, but I think this one I winged turned out quite nice! I also have taken a few naps with my beloved kitty. I had to add this picture because look how cute he is!!! He just cuddles all up to me and I love it to death! If only Kevin was furry...

Then this last weekend Kevin and I (with a bunch of his awesome high school friends and their wives) went to Moab! We camped out in some sand dunes and it was FREEZING at night and BLAZING during the day. The change in the heat even transferred to the sand that could be so cold and yet in a few hours killer hot. My dad did let me take the really nice down sleeping bag and luckily I didn't freeze as much as everyone else; however, we forgot our pillows and that was a huge mistake. We hiked all over and Kevin was able to take his bike on his favorite trail (Slickrock). Only minor injuries such as sun damage, Brandon practically breaking his arm, and a few other almost deaths.

The picture above is the brave kids showing their butts off. Alisa just climbed right up and then jumped off like nothing. My knees wobbled and I fainted for her. She has no fear. Strikingly different from me. We had roasted Starbursts (thanks Britt) and smores and Kevin told some of his jokes that had us all ready for bed in no time. Don't worry he told the mustard joke, couldn't leave that one out. Kevin was so pumped for our "first" camping trip. I must say the first few minutes in the tent almost had me back in the car on my way home. Kevin brought his "two-man-tent" which equates to a chubby man's tent. We were a little cramped and all of a sudden Kevin apologizes and I do not know what for....I soon find out as the smell seeps from his sleeping bag into the little air we have. Tears were shed.

Anyway we really had a killer time! Some good eats, some good peeps, and some good sun. I wore my ridiculously large hat (hot pink of course) and some serious (50+) sunscreen and I still got sizzled. Kevin buzzed his hair the day before we left and regretted it soon after. His whole head burned especially the newly balding spots.

The company included: Adam Johnson and his wifey Becky, Nate Frakes with wifey Alisa, Damien O. and wifey Natalia, Brett, Brandon, Travis, Ryan and Adam Riggs with wifey Nisha and baby Sophie. Sophie was the center of attention and we all fought to hold her! I can't believe I didn't get a picture of her!!

9 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Chubby man tent...ROFL! Golly I'm jealous. I've been hankering for a Moab trip for a few months now. Probably not gonna happen this year - sigh.

The hat turned out super duper cute! I love the integrated band.

Laura said...

Well done on the hat! If I have a little girl I may have to request one of those. :) Sounds like an awesome trip (farts and all)!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

"He just cuddles all up to me and I love it to death! If only Kevin was furry..."

So true... :)

Jess said...

I'm impressed, that hat is very cute! The trip looks fun also, I could use one of those!

shareka said...

I am impressed at your advanced hat making skills. I still wear the one you made for me... it keeps me nice and warm when I am out on bus duty with the kids in the dead of winter... love ya

Kacee said...

Cute hat Katie! I know how to make 3 different flowers so now I need you teach me how you made that one :) Very cute!

Hksedwick said...

Katie, Rich says that after being married for over a year you should atomatically know that when your husband apologizes for know apparent reason there WILL be a stink to follow.

Sabrina said...

Awww, that Moab trip looks like a blast! I'm so jealous. Katie, I love the hat! Did you make it with one of those circular hat knitting thingys? I just bought a set of them for Rebekah for her birthday, but she hasn't quite got the hang of how to finish the hats. Maybe I'll have to send her over to you when we're over there next month so she can learn how.

Chelsey said...

Looks like so much fun! I just have to wonder if your hat making skills stem from our beanie making days back in high school...