Monday, May 19, 2008

5K

Kevin and I ran a 5K on Saturday! It was my first and I had trained. Let's just say that I could only run 1 mile solid before the race. I'll get back to that. So we ran for Angel Babies, which is a website Heidi (my sister-in-law) has to help parents know what to do and what preparations to make if they have a child that is still born or lives only a little time. The names on the back of the shirt are babies that are now angels that we ran for. Heidi's beautiful Elizabeth was the first name on the shirt.


Kevin ran the race (without training) in 22 minutes!!! The fastest person ran it in 18 minutes. Can you believe that??? He woke me up this morning saying that he thinks he looks buffer, he does. Kevin had to get a picture of his "running" shoes, they are super light. Below is a picture of me finishing the race, I was just too fast for them! So back to the 1 mile before the race, I ran 2 MILES!!! I ran the first two miles in 24 minutes. But I was about dead after that and walked the last mile in just under 20 minutes and finished at 42 minutes. Not bad (well not terrible) for my first race. The group picture is of all of the Angel Babies supporters.

After the race Kevin challenged me to a cartwheel contest. See pictures below...I think I won :)

4 comments:

Liv said...

Great job!!
Everyone I know seems to be running marathons this summer. I'm inspired. Maybe.

Laura said...

Of course you won the cartwheel contest! Way to go on both that and the race. And for such a beautiful cause!

Kimba said...

Katie! I found your blog via Kristy's. It was so fun to see you and catch up at Craig's wedding. Congrats on your race! I've never done anything like that, and it sounds like an excellent cause!

corryfever said...

girl i am so very proud! i can't run down the street!