Friday, May 8, 2009

oh sometimes...

I tell you sometimes things are crazy. I had a crazy day yesterday. Here are the details in outline format (this story is disturbing and gross...read at your own will!):
  • Katie was nauseated = taking pills
  • Pills stop most nausea but causes constipation (why does that word sound so awkward?!)
  • Constipation lasts over a month and is severe = Stool softeners without much success, Milk of magnesia which I can't keep it down, Miralax not working much, Fleet enema at least works some, and finally Dr. prescribes Dulcolax stimulant laxative
  • Katie takes this Wednesday night and wakes up crampy (this is where it gets good)
  • Thursday morning = starts having MAJOR cramps
  • CAUTION LINE IS GROSS (Katie starts having bm-turns to diarrhea)
  • Katie is cramping and cramps = most pain ever...stands up to walk around which in the process of doing passes out
  • Katie (now on bathroom floor) is vomiting and still doing the other stuff...which turns to more passing out and more vomit.
Luckily my wonderful mom-who I called during this whole fiasco came over, but in the meantime called my wonderful aunt Renee who lives just 2 minutes away and she ran over. They called the Dr., called my work (I had a huge presentation for the partner who flew out from Seattle and a manager from Portland), got my documents to work, and tended me all day making sure I was hydrated. My Dr. was not in, so I went in today to make sure the baby is okay...WHICH IT IS...and I got to see the heartbeat again and it was waving at me saying sorry for being so ornery. I forgave it.

OTHER THAN THAT--I have been crocheting baby booties (below) and I think I have found my true calling. Kacee and I sat down one afternoon and crocheted for about 4 hours. I have made a few different kinds than those below, but they give you and idea of the adorability of baby booties.



AND this is the picture of our back yard with the biggest rainbow ever. You can't see it in this photo, but it was a double rainbow.

8 comments:

Laura said...

I'm glad the baby's alright and that your poo cramps have stopped. I'm sorry that stuff is NO fun. Take care of yourself! :) Love ya!

Eliza said...

Wowzers, doesn't sound very fun at all. I'm glad your aunt and mom are nearby to help. And so glad that your little baby is still healthy and happy.

Eliza said...

...oh and I LOVE the baby booties!

Emily said...

Oh Katie, that sounds miserable! :( I am glad you had your mom and aunt to help. Love the booties. And love you too!

Renee said...

The booties are darling!!! I can hardly wait for our crocheting/knitting get together! You are wonderful and I am soooo very grateful that we only live 2 minutes away from each other. Baby will be much more fun in a few months when he/she will be out and we can play with the little darling! Love you so much. Auntie Renee (who promises to be at your beck and call at ANY time day or night!! 'cause I love ya!)

jamie said...

wow, i am so glad that you and baby are ok. scary stuff! i'm so glad family was there in a flash. it was so good to see you after the blessing. take care and you need to teach me how to make some booties.

hillary and britton said...

sound pretty awful. Those baby shoes are so adorable!!!

Christina said...

Wow, that is a crazy story. I am glad you and baby are doing okay. Hopefully the nausea won't last too much longer. I promise you won't feel like that forever. It just feels like it right now. You have to teach me how to make cute booties like that. Your baby is going to have the cutest feet ever.