
I HAVE A TADPOLE! AND ONLY 1 TADPOLE!! Dr.'s appt went really well. I did have to be poked 3 times to get some blood out, which is unusual for me, I am normally a fountain, but 3rd times a charm. Kevin isn't a big fan of needles and was getting a little dizzy throughout the ordeal, which makes me wonder how he's going to be at the birth...good thing I still have 7 months. So I'm 8 weeks, we could see the heart beat...he zoomed in on the cocoon and there was a tiny black spot that fluttered--amazing!! That dropped my miscarriage rate down to 2%! I am still due December 5th. Oh and I think creature and I are going to be best friends...
8 comments:
That is by far the cutest tadpole I have ever seen. I am so glad to hear that everything went well, I was praying all day that everything would be fine.
I'm so glad your first appointment went well. And I can say as someone who's had a miscarriage, I'm SOOOO happy that the miscarriage rate is drastically shrinking for your sweet tadpole.
A heartbeat is a beautiful thing! Congrats again Katie, you are going to be an amazing mother :-D
I'm so excited for you! That must have been so much fun to hear the heart beat!
Agreed-hearing the heart beat is so fun. At least for me, that's when I really felt like I connected with the tiny tadpole inside me making me sick all the time. I am so excited to find out whether you are having a girl or a boy. Have you made any predictions yet?
Congrats, Katie! It's such a fascinating process. I'm finally to the point where our little fetus is kicking & punching (lightly) all day long, and it's so fun to see the progression. Hopefully your nausea will only last a few months & then you can go back to normal life. I'm so happy for you guys!
Yeah, I'm sure I can come up with some advice... But first, I'm 24 weeks along... nearly finished with the second trimester. We're having a girl, and she's due in August (which blows my mind cuz time is flying by right now).
Advice: --- I'm sure you've already found which foods are satisfying you, but here's a list of mine. Keep on hand the following: Grapefruit, Strawberries, Yogurt, Potatoes (the baking variety), Fruity Popsicles, BREAD, crackers, almonds, & edamame. They're healthy & not so flavorful that they get annoying.
Also, you're going to have some super-hormonal days. Remember that your husband is going through this too & try not to take everything out on him. I've been able to overcome it for the most part, but I see alot of women use their hormones as an excuse to be witchy & the husbands always suffer.
Also, enjoy every second of it as it comes. Write down your feelings as you go & take pictures every few weeks. You only go through this (for the first time) once & so enjoy all the new experiences.
Love you Katie! Keep us updated on how you're feeling & what you're experiencing. And good luck!!!!
the heartbeat is the best. seriously, whenever I'm getting close to an appointment I start to freak out and fear the worst... but then I hear fetus' little heartbeat going so strong and it's very reassuring! and I can't believe that in less than a week I get to see this little person on the big screen! can't wait!
Hoorah Katie! I only got one ultra sound with Nora when I was 20 weeks. Being a mom is the best!!!
I was a bit sick with Nora, things that I could stomach were really bland foods:
boiled eggs (I ate one a day:)
rice crispies
cheese on bread
bananas
Hope things get better. Just wait until you can feel your baby move!
Post a Comment