Thursday, April 2, 2009

PREGNANT!

I'M PREGNANT! Just barely, but still...I am due on December 5, 2009! I have been feeling super queasy the last 2 weeks, and even told my parents that if I'm not pregnant then I don't know what's going on with me! Well last week, my mom came over to play with me and slept over. That night I had a dream that I was pregnant, so the next morning I decided to take a pregnancy test. *Note: I only got off my birthcontrol in February to start trying...thinking it would take a few months!!* I took the test and COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! It happened so fast! I yelled out to Kevin, who was still in bed, to come here! He kept saying no, he was too tired, why don't I just come to him (hahah, I'll tell that story forever). I jumped on the bed with my pee stick in hand and he had to get super close to see it (he didn't have his glasses on) and he just sat there for a second and then asked if I was serious! Once it hit him, he was all giggly and excited. Next I woke my mom up (I'm so glad she stayed the night!) and showed her. She about died! Anyway, since then I have thrown up only once (but I feel like it ALL the time), I have taken 6 tests (just to confirm) and made an appt. with my gyno! The chance of miscarriage is still high (it drops after 10 weeks) and my due date can change after the gyno does my first ultrasound, but I just HAD TO SHARE!! I'm SO SO SO SO EXCITED!! Mommy Katie has a nice ring :)!

17 comments:

Renee said...

Katie You are SOOOO darling!! I am so glad you shared your exciting news. We are so happy for you and Kevin. You'll be FABULOUS parents. Love you lots!! Auntie Renee (who is very excited to help out with babysitting!!!)

Alan said...

Woooohooooo! Congratulations! You guys will make great parents. We're excited for you.

Mary said...

That WAS quick!!! CONGRATS! I'm super happy for you.

xoxo

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Yay Katie! That is soooo exciting! Congrats! Way to go! Yahoo!

Hksedwick said...

ROCK ON!! I guess that extra one percent is good for something. HAHAH!! YAY!!!

Eliza said...

Huge, huge congratulations!!! And let me tell you from very recent experience, that's the best early Christmas present EVER.

Sarah Preston said...

Congratulation you fertile turtle! I hope the sickness goes away!

Laura said...

Woo Hoo!! Katie mommy DOES sound nice! :)

lauren said...

YAY!!! congrats!!!! :)

Brittany said...

Hurrah! Hurrah! I'm so excited for you! Mommy Katie! Daddy Kevy-wevy!

Liv said...

Congrats Katie!!

Sabrina said...

That is just so super exciting! You two are going to be the cutest parents ever. I think it's hillarious that you took 6 pregnancy tests - I hope you bought them at the dollar store! :o) (Yes, the dollar store does sell pregnancy tests and they have been totally accurate for me!)
I can totally relate to the barfing/nausea phase - I'm sorry you have to go through that! Try eating cold food, it seemed to work for me. Like ice cream, cold fruit, smoothies, frozen yogurt, etc. Good luck!!!

Melanie said...

Congrats again!!!! We are so, so excited for you guys!! I hope you survive the nausea well. I don't miss that part of pregnancy.

P.S. Sorry that we thought it was an april fool's joke at first! :o)

hillary and britton said...

Hoorah! COngratulations:)

Nurse Heidi said...

:)!! I won't even confess to how many pee sticks I peed on last time...thank goodness for the dollar store.

Try peppermint candies, lemon drops and smoothies. And if you start into the pukes, carry quart freezer bags in your purse, car, etc. Best thing I ever figured out. Maybe you'll get lucky and it won't come to that...

Can't wait to go maternity clothes shopping with you, and you are very welcome to anything in my stash.

anna jo said...

I am seriously so excited for you guys! and even more excited that we get to go through the joys of pregnancy at the same time!! whoot! :)

Chelsey said...

YEA!!!!! I am so excited for you! Kind of the same thing happened to Andrew and I (the happening so fast part). I think Heavenly Father is just waiting for us to be willing so he can send down his children. What a blessing to get pregnant so quickly!