Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dearest baby in my tummy,

I understand hows yous want yours mommy to be thinking of yous eveby second of eveby day, and I do, but maybe the constant thought of puking up my entire insides is a little over the top. I knows yous are going to be so smart and funny, but making yous mommy feel so tired she can't sleep just isn't too funny right now. Maybe when yous is 10 weeks big (and I get a little more commitment from you that you are going to stay through the long haul) then I'd be more up to the pranks and games. Until then let's make a deal, you work on lowering the nausea level and raising the energy (and don't forget about cutting the flu-like symptoms), and I will work on exercising and getting you good food to eat! I know you have to be as sick of saltines and ginger ale as I am.

with much love,

mommy (and daddy would appreciate it too!)

6 comments:

Chelsey said...

Haha. How cute. I love the baby talk. Although I have to say that your nausea is probably not going away. You will get used to the constant feeling of nausea. Although I DON"T miss feeling what you're feeling, I do miss blaming everything from wanting to be first in line for food, forgetting things, being cranky, and wanting to be pampered on my pregnancy. I really have no excuse now, so please please please use that pregnancy card while you've got it.
I am so excited thinking of all the things I want to get for you. Are you going to find out the sex of the baby or go for the surprise?

Nurse Heidi said...

And the good news is this...that if you're feeling that nauseous, your HCG levels are high and your chances of miscarriage are lower. The even better news is that pregnancy doesn't last forever, even though it feels like it sometimes :P.

Did you try the Unisom/B6 thing yet? Don't forget to pack the quart freezer bags in all the necessary places...and if you want to be discreet about disposal, fold up a brown baby lunch sack too that you can pop the puke bag into to throw it away.

Hksedwick said...

I have been told by many a pregnant woman that Zofran is the greatest drug invented...just a thought. Good luck with that part...I am so excited for you.

Jess said...

I know exactly how you feel! I hope that baby listens and it goes away soon. I'm so excited for you!! Congrats!

shareka said...

Katie I cannot believe you are preggo! I am so excited for you. You are going to be a fabulous mother! I hope you start feeling better soon. If not I will come rub your belly for you.I know you always loved that when you didn't feel well. And I have a secret for you so don't tell anyone or say anything yet but I am moving to SLC this summer.SSHHH!!!

Sabrina said...

Oh, I'm SO sorry! I think pregnancy nausea is the WORST!! Last summer when I was really sick, I spent my birthday buying a blender so I could make smoothies that I could choke down. I remember going to Boston Market and smelling all of the food, trying to find something I could stomach, then finally settled on mashed potatoes that took me an hour to force myself to eat. It is so awful! Hang in there, Katie! I'm thinking of you out here!