One night we did a murder mystery dinner that was a 50's theme. For my costume my mom let me borrow her *real* pearl earrings, but only with some stipulations that I DO NOT LOSE THEM! I was insulted. Of course I wouldn't lose them. I was just wearing them to Chase's, eating dinner, coming home. Well the night was fabulous (as soon as I get pictures I will share them) and Cora did surprisingly well, except for a few times when she was a little fussy and I had to hold her for a bit. When it was all over I was taking my jewelry off and one earring was missing! I couldn't believe it! I searched for hours with no avail. The next morning I was getting into the shower and found the back of the earring in my garment bottoms...a little foreshadowing. I spent all morning searching for the earring and was just praying I would find it. Finally mom said it was okay and she wasn't mad at me anymore. Then on Saturday, 2 days since the murder mystery dinner, we are in Brian Head for Kevin's family reunion and we are changing Cora's diaper and found THE EARRING! Yes, she ate it! I had no idea!! I know you are thinking I am a bad parent, but I swear I didn't even feel her reach for it or gag or choke! To make it even worse she was sitting in her poopy diaper for about an hour as we were driving and the earring was sticking up! She didn't fuss once! The picture is the earring after we did some cleaning. The earring actually held up quite well and my mom says Cora will get it in her inheritance. Once I heard that, I started planning out what diamonds I am going to have her swallow next!Kevin's fam reunion was right next to the scout camp he used to work at so he drove up there and found his nickname "Thumper" on a flag he had signed!

And this is him in front of the main rec room!

Here is Cora completely out on a couch cushion at the Preston reunion.
This is her after she rolled off and I cuddled her back to sleep!
Here she is at Heidi's newly remodeled house!
We went on a Pontoon ride in Declo and it just wore Cora out. She fell right asleep!
But not before we got a few pictures of her awake! Our family!
Kevin and Cora!
Gma Spencer and Cora!

In Brian Head with our Reunion shirts.
Isn't she GORGEOUS! And the view!
Here is Brooklyn when she came over to swim! I love that smile!!
Us trying to get a picture of Brooklyn and Cora in their matching dresses. Didn't work super well.
Lovin' the Vitamin D!
Cora's first time swimming!! She is a natural fish! She loves it and I couldn't get enough of the water either!
At the Rodeo
When the rodeo got too loud we used the earmuffs and I love them on her!
These pictures were from before we left...on the ferry on our way back from Seattle after seeing Britt and Elias.
Hanging out on the waterfront in Seattle.
Cora sleeping with her leg elevated for better circulation!
Bubble bath at Aunt Connie's!

Gma Cheryl and Cora napping AND holding hands. It was the cutest! I miss my mommy wammy!

CORA CAN CRAWL NOW! She crawled for the first time on our last day in Utah. Good timing!
Bath Time
Cora and Brooklyn
Cora and Rocko
13 comments:
Oh my gosh I love these pictures!! Cora is so cute. And the story about the earring is hilarious!
Cora is so beautiful!
And I love how you're "planning" to have her swallow some more family jewels. So clever.
That story is CRAZY! I hope you used lots of soap to clean it off. :) Your little girl is stinkin' adorable! As are you!
You should title this post "The Girl with the Pearl Earring."
I would just kiss that darling face all day. I'm glad you guys had fun.
love it! little cora is most darling, indeed.
xo
It was so great to see you guys! Cora is such a doll and so good! I especially like the video of Cora and Rocko :o)
Cora is sooooo cute! I'm sad I didn't get to see you guys while you were here. :(
Miss you!
YES!! I love the pictures! Thanks for posting.
I love love love Cora! It was so fun to see you guys!
She is beautiful. Truman especially liked the video of Rocko and cora. He was laughing pretty hard.
Thanks Katie! Great update with great photos. I still can't believe the earring story.
She is so big!! And looks like both of you... very strange. You guys look like you are doing well (short of feeding your child jewelry). We miss you!
LOL! When I read that you found the pearl in her diaper 2 days later, my instant thought was that you hadn't changed her diaper in 2 days - must be nice to have a baby that doesn't need changing very often ;)..... not even thinking that she would have eaten it, LOL. That is such a funny story, I'm going to have to tell it to Eric when he gets home :)
Post a Comment