Tuesday, January 3, 2012

CHRISTMAS!!

We just had the best Christmas (well the best you can have without your extended family)!  First we hosted a Christmas Eve dinner at our house with 4 other fabulous couples!  I busted out the finer things in life for the party including the china, goblets, and silver (which Kevin and I spent over an hour polishing!).

SO BEAUTIFUL!  Oh and it was so warm and sunny we opened up the bay doors and had the kids eat outside.

We had a chair we had left outside that was moldy that the boys decided to burn...turns out it was too wet so they just kept pouring more gasoline on it.

Cora had a night to remember with some more loves from her favorite lover Eli! 

Still a little unsure about this kissing thing.

We decorated some awesome gingerbread houses with the Liljenquist's!
Christmas morning was really quite perfect!  We got to set out all the presents and man did our parents spoil us!  Then we got to skype with the fam in Utah and see them open their presents from us which really made all the difference for me since we couldn't be there.

All set up!

Cora's slide we got her!  Kevin's just testing it out.

Christmas Morning!  Someone was still too tired to get up, but she soon figured out that it was worth it!

Chase after opening his present from us!

Mom with her Cloisonne vases I got her!

Double Gma Preston was just stunned at the technology and I think was more excited to see Cora then open her gift!

Daddy Waddy with the book of memories of just us that I made him!

Cora took all of her presents and pushed them down the slide. She did that for hours, and only stopped when she decided to go down the slide herself!  I knew she would love it!

Kevin spoiling me silly!

She loves her magnets and sesame street books!  We put the magnet board in her room next to her bed and I think she plays with it until she falls asleep!

We also got her a lot of dress ups, but she only wears this Abby one, I think she will like them all soon.
Then we drove down to Portland for a few days to spend them with some family!  We had so much fun eating, watching movies, playing Carcassonne, and just hanging out!  Thanks Drew, Melissa, Brooklyn, Connie and Russ!

Found Cora like this one day, she got the blanket herself and everything!

Went to this movie theater that was $11 for a matinee, but the seats were leather, got foot rests, there were waiters that would come take your lunch order, and it was AWESOME! 
Cora found her new best friend!  Her and Brooklyn got along really well and they were SO cute together!

Cora copying mommy and crocheting!

Then yesterday to celebrate the last day of the holiday break off we went to Jump, an indoor blowup house place, with the Hartman's!  It was hilarious seeing Cora try to walk around with everyone jumping.  Colette was pretty good at the Gladiator's station, although Kevin in the picture below decided to all into it. 

Kevin, Erik and Eli in back, Colette, and Cora's head at the bottom.

Cora did the slide so SO many times that Kevin got tired of carrying her up the steps so he helped her to figure out how to do it herself which was really impressive since it was so steep and wiggly!  But after that everyone was happy!
Anyway, it was awesome!  We

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds and looks like a fabulous day! I love Cora and the slide. :) And I love your grandma's reaction to the computer too. :)

Nurse Heidi said...

Looks like you had a fabulous Christmas! I'm just catching up on your posts - fun to see how big Cora is :).