Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Time

There is something about Christmas lights, glittered ornaments, and too much to do with too little time that just makes me feel festive.  We have had a lot of fun participating in the Christmas activities!  ONLY TWO MORE DAYS!  Can't wait!

We found the perfect little girl at the Dollar Store the other day!  Only $1!  And isn't she precious??
 Then we went to see Santa at the Clear Creek Nursery (like last year) but this year was crazy!  We waited in line for over an hour in the cold!  Kind of worth it though!!
Cora was entertained putting rocks in her pocket...how that is so amusing, I am not sure, but she did forever.

Our dear friend the Camel that tried to lick Cora's face off last year!

Feeding him salt water taffy!  Green apple flavor!

Reindeer!
Cora picked up what to do when you got close to Santa...TAKE HIS PICTURE.  It was way funny she sat there saying "cheese" distracting the kids!

Finally her turn and she is not quite sure!

There we go!  A smile!!

She loved the nutcracker!

They had soapy snow and we got to dance and sing songs with the white flurry!

We also had the chance to go to Zoo Lights here and I have never been and it was incredible!  Maybe not as good as Temple Square, but the best we got!
The aquarium was open and we got to see sharks and these huge fish!

A few displays!


Kevin's Grandad passed away in mid-December and Kevin was able to fly out and see his whole family and be there for the funeral.  Almost the whole family was there!  


Kevin loved the 21 gun salute and all the other military ceremonial rites that were done.
 Cora had to have tubes put in her ears, which involves anesthesia, even though it is a minor surgery.  It was a little hard for me, but you can already tell a big difference and we are so glad she can hear better and the pressure is gone!  Poor little thing!  She did fine until we waved goodbye as the nurse was taking her away and she looked a little panicked and then waking up from the anesthesia was hard for her, but 10-15 minutes later and she is her old self with better hearing!
How we found her that morning!  Not comfy!

All giggles going in!

She had tons of fun with the other kids, books and toys for the hour we waited for her to go in!

All dressed up getting tested for oxygen.

Looks a little homeless, but still in good spirits.

waking up...there was a picture of all out screaming and me looking like I'm going to cry...I thought I would save you from that because it wasn't as bad as that picture made it look!

A little Scooby Doo (with horrible tracking) and she calmed down!

With Daddy!

Our stockings I made this year.  I know that my Fleur De Lis looks like the boy scout symbol (now that someone pointed it out), but think more french sophistication :)


Random picture, but Cora found a tile with vinyl lettering on it and had a lot of fun taking the letters off before I noticed and by then it was destroyed so I let her peel all the letters of and put them on me...she thought it was hilarious.
Well now I'm over 35 1/2 weeks and just counting down the days!  I've been feeling pretty good lately, pregnancy is getting a little old, but want him to be as healthy as possible so just waiting!

3 comments:

Sarah Preston said...

I am so glad she is doing better with the tubes!!!

Laura said...

So glad her surgery went well. She's such a pretty little girl Katie! I love your stockings too! Way to go! Glad you're feeling well and I can't believe you're going to have TWO kids so soon. :)

Chelsey said...

Poor Cora having to get tubes. What a trooper. That must have been hard for you too. I'm glad it's over. Hopefully she's doing well still. Good luck in the next week or so! Can't wait to see pictures of the new baby!