Monday, December 5, 2011

MJ Concert, Birthdays, Christmas Trees, Extras

HELLO WORLD!  We have been SO busy the last month!  So many fun things have happened!  First we went into Seattle and went to the auto show and got to see the Batmobile (aka Lamborghini) and a lot of other fun cars!  Cora loved sitting in all the cars and touching all the buttons!

BATMOBILE!

  
Showing pride for our car!
 Then we had the best time with my parents that flew out since I won't get to see them during any of the Holidays!  We spent a day in Port Townsend and loved all the Victorian houses and walking through the old hotel and looking at all the shops!
I think I could live here!

Cora got all tuckered out at Costco, luckily Grandpa was there to cuddle her!

Then one day Cora WOULD NOT TAKE A NAP!  It was a rough day and she kept bringing me clothes to put on her, and one was her cow costume from last year and as soon as I put it on her I sat her on the couch and I look over and this is what I see!
Cute little heifer!
Got to love that she was TOTALLY out of it!

Those cheeks!
 THEN on November 24th (Thanksgiving day) Cora turned two!  We drove down to Portland early so we had to wake her up (which you can see below that she was super excited about!) and our amazing hostess Connie did a fabulous job of making her Fish Cake and we had quite the party.  I didn't take any pictures of dinner, but it was super delicious!
Not happy to wake up!
Mommy is super excited!
Cora's new vacuum so she can be JUST LIKE DADDY!

Playing with her toys with Daddy (who really wanted to play with them and Cora would get mad and not let him touch them!)

The whole fam!

We got this picture on Cora's Birthday, but since mine is two days later and I forgot to take pictures, Happy Birthday to me!  I can't believe I'm 28!

Eating Cake

Hostess and Birthday Girl


She got the hang of opening presents real fast!

THE CAKE!!!!!

She knew exactly how to blow out candles and I can't think of her ever doing it before!

Mommy went all out with decorations!

Close-up!  Isn't she cute!

BIRTHDAY GIRL!!

THEN (well actually before the birthdays) Kevin and I went to the Michael Jackson Cirque Du Soleil concert in Seattle!  The tickets were my Xmas present LAST YEAR so we waited 11 months to go!  We LOVED it of course!

Oh MJ!



Sporting my MJ earrings I bought off ebay in High School!

It was so fun having a date night and going to see one of my favorite performers ever!  (well as close as you can get!)
 THEN we moved Cora into the office (and the office into our bedroom) and she has actually slept in her toddler bed perfectly!!!  Here is her first night in the bed, just snug as a bug in a rug!  So happy she has taken this new bed / room so well!

Here is a pregnant picture after the cocktail party/craft show at Ish Vintage Clothing I got to show at!  There was an amazing Jazz band that played.  I am 33 weeks here!  Just around the corner!

 

THEN on Saturday we went to the Christmas Tree farm just a few blocks from our house and picked out our REAL Christmas Tree!  It was SO fun!  I can't remember the last time we had a real tree and it is definitely our little family's first!

We are ready to start the search!

LOOK AT ALL THESE TREES!

WE FOUND IT!  Time for Kevin to start getting down and dirty!

We drove the Yukon so we could bring it home, but Kevin decided to just walk it home so we didn't get it dirty!  Hahah!

So I drive around the block to get back home and see this...Nice way to hold it!  I tried to convince him to let me just drive it home, but he refused...seconds later a man in a truck offered him a ride and he took him up on it!

Setting up the tree and I was smiling for the picture until just at that moment Cora was getting into the box with the ornaments in it...PANIC!
All set up!  It is SO beautiful at night!
 THEN!!  We had a fabulous Ugly Sweater Party at a friend's house and we played a bunch of games and one was to guess the number of candies in the jar (you had to guess for both separately) and Kevin  did some mathematical calculations for one jar and decided to put the same number for both jars and actually guessed EXACTLY on one jar (102) and was the closest on the second!
A very proud man!

We all brought white elephant gifts and this was the AWESOME SKATES we brought!  Don't tell me you didn't either have these as a kid or REALLY want them!

Luckily someone brought a shake weight and we had WAY too much fun laughing about it!
Anyway, that is about it SO FAR, as we have a super busy schedule coming up and lots to look forward to!  My doc says she will induce me at 39 weeks if everything is okay so that is only 6 weeks away!  We are getting all ready and I just can't wait for some of the upcoming parties, Christmas of course, New Years, our anniversary (5 YEARS) and all the other fun things!

7 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Ah, what a fun update! I have to laugh that Cora's vacuum is to match daddy's...not too many women can brag about that ;)! And carrying the tree home - oh Kevin. Funny boy.

Emily said...

I love it! My favorite is Cora's vacuum. Miss you tons!

the Richards said...

We TOTALLY had those exact skates when we were little. Love it. Hey, email me all the fun things you did at the party. We're having one on Friday and are looking for good ideas.

Alan said...

Awesome! That MJ is one Smooth Criminal. We saw Captain EO at Disney last week and I was trying to explain to the kids how freaking awesome it totally was...I don't think they believed me.

Happy Birthday to all!

Laura said...

What a darling sleeping little cow and birthday girl! It's always a tough day when they don't nap. Happy birthday to you too! You're looking so beautiful, Katie! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well. We always used to get a REAl Christmas tree when I was growing up. Yours looks great! And of course I remember those skates. Good job to Kevin being so savvy at guessing the jars. :) What an exciting time for you guys!

JoLynn said...

I love-love that cake you made! Miss you guys!

Chelsey said...

I just love your posts. You are so funny. Those MJ earrings rock my world. You have been doing so many fun things. Good for you guys. Good luck with your upcoming baby! Have a great Christmas!