Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tokyo Disney Day 3 and 4

DAY 3 and 4!  I would just like to mention here that this is the 3rd post of the night so you may want to scroll down two more to start from the beginning (Or even push "Older Posts" to get back to the one that says Kurihama Flower World and Valentines Day) and also that the beds at the New Sanno hotel are amazing.  Now onward,  we went to Disneyland on Monday, which was President's day for the U.S. but not a holiday in Japan so we were hoping for a small crowd.  That and the fact it was raining, we were wrong, again.  Packed!!!  Now the major differences between this one and in the States was that it was a more modern, advanced Disneyland.  Even though all the rides were practically the same, the technology and aesthetics were more advanced.  A lot of the characters were American or European.  The food, again, disgusting but I brought more so I was okay.  I mean a whole hot dog parlor with no normal ones, only salsa and cheese, seaweed, etc.  They did have Captain E.O. though so life was perfect. 
The girls singing and dancing on the train to Disneyland.  So excited.  And isn't Cora's hair cute?

The entry way, perfectly covered, and perfectly protecting from the rain.

This Castle is way better than California.

This area was almost exactly like the U.S. one.


75 minute wait...pass.

Teacups were cool, covered, and a 50 minute wait.

Alice theme was big here.  This was a whole restaurant and the inside was incredible, food...meat patties that were heart shaped, creepy.

They had the drink machines all over here too, but they were in machines that matched the decor of the area, so cool, or warm if you choose a hot drink!

Kevin getting in a tiff with a horse.

This was a 4D show and it was hilarious, and the songs were in English.  Cora liked it so much we decided to get the popcorn bucket that matched.  There is a part where Donald Duck gets stuck in a tuba and then falls and it was silent and Cora yelled, "Donald, Wait!!"


Two happy girls!  Like my new coat??

Closer of the castle.

The castle was Cinderella themed instead of Sleeping Beauty.


Inside they had all these displays with scenes from the movie, this one was paper, then they had clay, metal, 3D screen, etc. It was really cool!

Of course Cora on the throne!

Space Mountain!  This is where the technology was most noticeably different.  I mean look at that sign. 

The spaceship inside of space mountain.

Cora with her 3D glasses and Donald popcorn bucket.

Haunted Mansion, the technology here was cool too, same things as in California, but better.



The shooting game, which you all know is my favorite!!  So I had George strapped to me and he was asleep and Cora was asleep in the stroller so we had to take turns shooting.  I went first and did awesome, of course, and then Kevin went and they gave him a ticket with his score (4 out of 10, haha) and I was so mad I didn't get my ticket!

A huge Polynesian area.  They changed the Tiki Room to Lilo and Stitch, which is HUGE here.  They seem to like all of those movies that weren't as big in the states.

Really?


So I read you got a sheriff's badge if you got 10 for 10 so I had to go back and get it of course.  Don't worry, in between shots I had to bounce George a little to get him to go back to sleep, but 10 for 10 was mine!

And don't get me wrong, I am anti-guns, I guess, anti-owning a gun, but sure love this game.
Got my ticket, got my badge and super impressed.

Hahah, then Trevor, who owns a ton of guns, got 8, 8, 9, 8...poor guy.

Don't worry they have Mark Twain's land there too!

Thunder Mountain was closed for repairs, but we took a train ride and it went past the ride, it looked amazing.
 They did a night parade that was all lights.  They announced that it had more than a million lights in the production.  I took a bunch of pictures because all the floats were amazing, AMAZING!  They all changed color, and actions and it was so fun.





The whole fam after a rainy, long, awesome day.

Here is a few pictures of the hotel lobby.  I didn't get any of the room or pool, both of which were amazing.  The beds were incredible.  And there is a NEX (Navy Exchange) mall here where you get discounted things like Coach purses, etc.


Then on the train ride home Old Man #4 (is it 4 now??) that came up to my kids and played with the.  This guy kept rubbing Cora's head.  In this blurry photo (which I tried to take sneakily) he is pointing to pictures in the advertisement and talking to her.  She just talked back in English and they seemed to have a whole conversation.  Then he went on his way.  I admit, I do have stop-in-your-tracks-cute-kids so I totally understand.


Wow, what a full weekend!!  And I didn't even mention our homemade manicotti dinner made by the Peterson's for us on Friday night!  We are just spoiled!!!!  Today is Tuesday and on Friday morning we head for a 3 day weekend in Kyoto!  CAN'T WAIT!


4 comments:

Mary said...

LOVE all of your updates!!! the blanket imprint is too funny. you make me want to hop on plane right now to japan. and your new jacket is nice. :) what an awesome experience.

Sarah Preston said...

I am really jealous right now. I say that you now have to go to the one in Europe!

Dan and Laura said...

How awesome! What a fun and busy weekend! You guys have seen so much and are definitely making the best of your stay! How fun to have so many people falling all over your kids too. :)

Renee said...

I LOVE your updates!!!! The photos and captions are awesome and always make me laugh! I love seeing everything you are doing. What an amazing adventure. Tokyo Disney looks bigger than Hong Kong Disney. Joe said that one was fun, but pretty small in comparison to California Disney. Love you guys!!! Have FUN!!!!! (oh and I totally agree on the gorgeous kids commments!!)