Monday, March 31, 2008

can it get worse?

I have been super super sick lately (my adorable husband likes to catch diseases and pass them to me...it is some sort of game). I was throwing up in my bathroom sink (hair all crazy, mascara face, chapped lips, etc.) and I look up into the mirror and see......

A GRAY HAIR!

What am I, 24? 24 and a 1/2??? I can't believe it!!! I have a disgusting 3 inch gray hair. Let's just say crying was involved.

8 comments:

Kacee said...

They happen to the best of us:) hope you're feeling better!

Mary said...

kates, i found one like a year ago. i plucked it right out, stayed in shock for about a day, then forgot about it. no worries, friend. it happens to the best of us.

i hope you feel better soon, i sure do love you!!

corryfever said...

kelly ripa says she is completely gray and she is such a babe, anderson cooper a silver fox, and my sweet husband is growing a beard for the first time and has a gray patch on his chin. everyone has grays, more power to you for admitting it! although, i wonder if you really have one. you could have been delusional with a fever or something.

i am so excited that you are coming to newport! we absolutely are close and even if we weren't we would find a way to meet. disneyland for sure! when do you come?

Hksedwick said...

Maybe it is a gray/grey streak like Rogue (sp?) from Xmen...due to the stress of puking.

Nurse Heidi said...

You know, if you'd stop kissing my brother, maybe you wouldn't get so sick ; P! No fun.

I had a gray hair yanking out fest myself this weekend. They always seem to stick straight up so that they can be noticed more easily by anyone doubting my advancing age. Welcome to middle age, friend!

Kristy Carpenter said...

OK...that's only funny because just the other day, after a very stressful week at work, I found a gray hair as well. I plucked that thing out faster then you could say "gray hair." But I know that depressing feeling that comes with that little silver strand. Hope you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is sad! I hope you're feeling better by now. I still remember vividly when I first noticed grays. I was 23 or 24 and at the institute building, and found like 3 or 4 of them at once! It was very sad. But 4 years later, I don't think I have any more than I did back then. Don't worry - you're still a hottie! :) -Emily

Laura said...

Don't worry- Dan's been getting them for a while now. We almost have weekly plucking sessions. :) I think they are probably more noticeable in your dark hair anyway.