Let me expound on the joys of living in an extremely old house. So far, with my experience, I know only one thing: Nothing works out as expected. We redid the 3/4 of the wiring at the old abode a few weeks ago and it was supposed to take one afternoon and turned into 72 hours of dirt, holes, mistakes, and new wires. What would we do without Kevin's dad and brother Jonathan? And Connie to cook??
Above are pictures of dad hard at work and a view of some holes in the ceiling. We had half of the house (lights/outlets) and the furnance all on one breaker...hahhaha. Oh man. We also had light switches downstairs that did nothing and all the lights have pull strings. It was a nightmare. We had old wires going everywhere that weren't hooked to anything, hidden boxes, and insullation falling out. We also drilled a hole in the wall for the dryer vent (it was going out the window before). Here is a picture below with a picture of Kevin working on the wires.

So I know right now you all are thinking that we are amazing! Well, while the guys wired, mom cooked, and the cat complained...I CHOPPED DOWN BUSHES. Our backyard is a jungle of prickly bushes. We are going to tear them all out and replace them with lilacs and hydrangeas...well one day. I added a few pictures of the amazon we live in and the piles of branches we have thus far collected.

So I know right now you all are thinking that we are amazing! Well, while the guys wired, mom cooked, and the cat complained...I CHOPPED DOWN BUSHES. Our backyard is a jungle of prickly bushes. We are going to tear them all out and replace them with lilacs and hydrangeas...well one day. I added a few pictures of the amazon we live in and the piles of branches we have thus far collected.
1 comment:
So. This looks like exactly what I'm in for when I move this summer.
Thanks for the precurser.
Post a Comment