My cat has had a few adventures lately. First, he was not happy about the construction at the house. He would just walk around and cry. I couldn't find him one day, all day, but as I was getting some tools out of Kevin's parent's suburban I found him!! Kevin's mom HATES cats, especially indoor ones and she would have been so mad had she found Oliver sleeping in her car... well I didn't tell her, just took a picture.
Then. duh duh duh...I GOT HIM SHAVED! We used to shave our cats all the time, but they would use tranquilizers (which is apparently not the best for a cat). So Kevin hates all the shedding so I was going to shave the cat for him. I bought a $5 pet carrier and took him to the pet saloon. I don't think Oliver has been in many cars because he cried the WHOLE time and tried to stick a tooth out the breathing holes to rip the box open. As if that was not traumatic enough (for both of us), he starts getting shaved by a woman and at first he is okay, but then starts freaking out, so the woman but a muzzle on him! It was the saddest thing ever. When we used to get our cats shaved we would just leave their heads/feet/tail. This is called a clown cut, but the woman assured me that for a cat's first time shaved she always does a Lion cut. It is the most hideous cut ever and looks like we just didn't finish! I was so upset by then that I just wanted to take Oliver home...but she said she had to bath him first. He was in this huge tub and she just turned the water on and Oliver had a panic attack!! He was scratching everything until his feet started bleeding! I just couldn't handle it anymore so I grabbed him, paid her, and bawled all the way home!!! I promised to cuddle him whenever he wanted me to and that I would make this up to him some how. I don't know if I ever can because he looks like an idiot kitty with a mullet equivalent hair-do... and he still sheds :(
5 comments:
Oh, poor kitty! I have to admit, I didn't know that cat shaving was common practice. I thought the shaved kitty pictures were a joke and were pictures of someone else's cat!
ohh my gosh...Katie, I love you, but your cat is hideous.
I can't even contemplate the joys of getting a cat shaved. That's far worse than taking a baby for shots. Heck, I'd take triplets for shots before I'd take my cat to be shaved. Poor kitty :(.
Wow! You're cat looks so silly! Maybe we should do the same thing to ours...she sheds more hair than me!
my heart hurts! what a horrible day, poor oliver. he looks humiliated in that picture, he knows that that is not a lion cut. that lady is the idiot. i think oliver is beautiful and you tell him i said so! the pet thing is good practice for kids i guess! i am sorry.
Post a Comment