Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Woo Hoo....its WaMu!!!

I decided it was time for me to speak up. Life at the Spencer house has been very lonely ever since my honey left on a business trip to Stockton CA on June 16th. Katie has been coming home for the weekends, but this weekend I decided to go and see what all the excitement was about in Stockton. Needless to say, I was impressed with the Washington Mutual building. At the right you can see Katie standing in front of the beautiful building on her way to work. Turns out the building was so nice because of the cheap real estate that they got. All around the beautiful Washington Mutual buildings are closed businesses or sketchy businesses. I took a picture of the buildings in front just so you could see.
On the far left we have Stockton wigs. Next to the Wig store is the Disco Azteca. Outside of the picture there is a for sale sign on the Disco and two more empty store lots. All KPMG employees have to walk in groups back to the parking lot just for safe measure. I am sure you get the idea if you haven't stopped reading by now. As far as the work goes, Katie informed me that it is tedious, but she has been finding her place in the group of 240 from all over the nation.



As for myself, I have done a lot of great things. For the most part I work either driving buses for Lewes Stages or waiting tables at the Olive Garden. In my spare time I have done a lot of yard work and video game playing. If any of you have Wii Play, I have received platinum on all nine events. It really is quite a feat. I took a week off to go with the boys in my ward on a 35 mile backpacking trip in the Uintas. We summited the tallest peak in Utah, Kings Peak (13,528 ft). Me and two others were the first to the top. The last two pictures on the bottom are of Katie's garden. It has really done great. We have so many squash and zucchini like the ones bellow, anyone is welcome to them. We deliver most places.

3 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Wow, King's peak is sure the hot spot this year. Our ward went and so did Alan's brother's ward. I'm jealous...I want to go backpacking so bad this year! And why am I not surprised that you were first to the top?

Sounds like Katie could use some pepper spray in that neighborhood. Nice. We've been suffering Katie withdrawels.

Laura said...

I'll take some of your fresh garden produce if you're looking to get rid of some! :) I like to reap the benefits of other's hard work... You guys are awesome!

Sabrina said...

Steve also hiked Kings Peak when he was growing up. That's a nice area. We're having the same problem with too many zucchini and cucumbers! We've figured out the solution today: put 4 cute kids in the front yard with a table full of them and sell them for $.50 each and voila! Zucchini are slowly starting to disappear. Not fast enough, but hey - the kids earned $7.50 in about 1 hour!