Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Vacations OVER

Well, It has been an eventful summer, and now the fun is over. I thought I would fill you in on some of the trips I have done, and the both of us have done. The first trip I went on in July. I went with the scouts in the ward to Kings Peak in the Uinta Mountain Range. It is the tallest mountain in Utah and about a 33 mile round trip. I have a problem with betting people money for stupid things, so I bet all the boys $5 if they could hold it for the entire 5 days. Needles to say two boys made it all 5 days and I rewarded them with Baconators at Wednesday. I hope that fixed things up.

The second trip I went on was with 4 of my brothers to the Maroon Bells in Colorado. They are the most beautiful mountains in Colorado. If you google Maroon Bells you can see some amazing pictures of them. Needless to say, my brothers are ambitious and I did three 12,500 peaks in two days. My brothers stayed an extra day and they ended up finishing 4 12,500 passes, and one 14,000 foot peak. It was hard work, but a lot of fun and amazing views. We did see a guy get life flighted out of the mountains because of altitude sickness. Kind of crazy. I also bet my brother $5 that he couldn't run 20 steps up the hill to the summit. He ran 60, just my luck.

The last little trip that Katie and I went on was to Newport Beach. It was perfect weather and the perfect girl. We enjoyed the time on the beach. Katie especially enjoyed it because she finally got a little time away from the computer. The reason we went is because we signed up for one of those time share presentations to get a cheap stay. We told the people that there was 0% interest, and he let us go after about 5 min. It was fantastic.

The last news is that we are taking care of our neighbors cat until we can find a home for him. Our neighbors can't have him where they are
moving. This cat has all its shoots and is ready to be loved. If you know anyone that wants the nice little kitty, let us know.

6 comments:

Liv said...

I love the Maroon Bells! I never do big hikes there though. Just the little trail around the lake. It is such a beautiful place.

Sabrina said...

Wow, I am surprised you still got a free trip after telling them you had no interest in the time share. WE went to one of those presentations not knowing what we were getting into, and they wouldn't let us leave for at least an hour. Finally we told them we just weren't going to do it, and the salesperson got all huffy and rude, and pretty much kicked us out...no free vacation either. Sheesh!

I have to ask: you bet the boys they wouldn't go to the bathroom for 2 days?? Man, that is totally asking for a UTI! Only boys would go for that kind of a bet! Crazy boys.

Anonymous said...

I was talking about #2, and it was for 5 days.

Sabrina said...

That's seriously insane! You crazy boy, you.

Nurse Heidi said...

Oh KEVIN!!! You've GOT to be kidding me. You actually encouraged the boys to hold their poop?!?? (Nurse Heidi speaking here...that's not good for you, though I had many a scout come in with a belly ache from that very thing when I was the scout camp EMT.)

Hey, why don't you ever bet me 5 bucks for something hairbrained and easy? I'm feeling left out.

Unknown said...

Oh, so this isn't your cat? I thought it was, my cat which looks almost exactly like this one, was a stray, who came into our lives when my other cat died and well, I didn't know what to do with all the leftover food, so I fed it to stray cats, and one of them stuck. :)