Wednesday, October 1, 2008

HHEEELLLOOO

For those of you who check this blog sometimes, you have probably noticed that it has been about a month since we last posted anything. Sorry. Usually I want to be able to be writing things about every week or two weeks. Since I last wrote a post a lot has happened. I will start with the unexciting news first. Katie works all week in California, and I go to school all week and do homework at night. I recently got good grades on two tests, and one really bad one, like 40%. So, school is good. I have lots of good pictures for the good news.




The first picture shown is one of my best friends growing up, Mark, and his wife. We spent the afternoon at the Bountiful temple and really enjoyed his wedding and remembering our wedding. So thats about it for that one.




The next picture is my new tattoo. I have always wanted barbed wire tattooed around my huge biceps, so I did it. I am now just starting to regret the decision, but it was Octoberfest at Snowbird, and I had a few to many drinks. It is cool though you have to admit. The best part is, it washed off in the shower that night so I'll have to get another one next year. If you think I should get one permanently let me know.



While I was busy getting tattooed, Katie got her face painted. She debated doing it for a while because only kids had their faces painted. Then we saw some adults who painted their faces too, so that put her over the edge. If you don't recognize the logo, it is Michal Jackson's logo or something. We are big fans of Mike. It turned out really nice. It also washed off in the shower that night. Sad. If you think Katie should get the permanent tattoo of Michal, let her know.


This was all part of our fun weekend in snowbird with our fantastic neighbors, Kim and Cole. This picture is of the valley on the way up the tram. It is the perfect time of year to go up there and check out the fall leaves. It was just beautiful. You can't tell as much with all the clouds, so just go up there. It will change your outlook on your day or even week.



Finally, many of you know that Katie has been auditing Wa Mu. Well, they recently went bankrupt, so we were all hoping that she wouldn't have to go back. Turns out JPMorgan Chase bought them out and wanted KPMG, Katie included, to finish up what they were doing. So that means 7 more weeks after this one. Expect a HUGE PARTY when she is done. Everyone is invited.


Well I hope your life is a little bit more fulfilled after reading this blog post. If you wish you never read this, maybe you should go eat some nachos. That always cheers me up. GO BYU 5-0 and counting.

9 comments:

Mary said...

JB and I think the barbed wire tattoo is quite classy. But the cheek Michael tattoo, well, that bad, it's bad, you know it, it's bad. It makes me think that you've been hit by a smooth criminal on the way to see the man in the mirror.

Nurse Heidi said...

Wowzers. That's some sweet body decor. You should TOTALLY get the barb wire done (KIDDING! I don't want to have the same discussion with you about tattoo parlor hygiene that I had with Carrie when hers got infected...).

We'll bring something super duper to the "Katie's finally home" party. Just tell us when and where!

Joey said...

Thank you for updating your blog, Kevin. But what about OLIVER?!?!?!? How is he doing? I was so glad that Katie called me and I hope that I helped some.

I liked your barbed wire, but Katie, what were you thinking? MJ hasn't been cool since "Thriller."

Katie, hope you are surviving WaMu and I am totally up for the party and for the scrapbooking.

Love, Joey

Emily said...

No way! I totally got a tattoo this year, too! My first one, at the state fair. It washed off a few days later.

I can't believe it -- 7 more weeks??!? :( Well, that is too bad. We will have a huge party for her when she comes home.

And, I am SO JEALOUS of your weekend up at Snowbird! You are taking us next year, if I ever have a weekend off during intern year. Ok?

Brittany said...

What a riot! Thanks for the update! I miss you guys! I'm excited to see you Kate!

Renee said...

Hey! So glad to see an update on your site. We will all be so glad when Katie gets to bid WaMu a final farewell--Great celebrations will be held to mark the date!! Until then, take care both of you. Love you, Auntie Renee
(oh and is Oliver ok now??)

Anonymous said...

Just a quick observation from this teeny picture, but it looks like Carrie Underwood marrying Blake Lewis. I had no idea they were temple worthy!

Chelsey said...

First of all - love the tats. You both are super cool. Secondly, that picture you took is gorgeous. I am so sad that I didn't make time to go up in the mountains and enjoy the leaves this year. I'll settle for your amazing picture though. Lastly, that stinks that Katie is in California every week. Yuck! I miss you Katie! Please come home...

Sabrina said...

7 more weeks?!? Katie, I'm so sorry you have to keep that up for so much longer! Hang in there Kevin! Wish I could be there for the big party at the end of it all.

Those tattoos are soooo classy - makes me want to get my own! :o)