Christmas time is here, by golly!
Disapproval would be folly,
Deck the halls with hunks of holly,
Fill the cup and don't say when!
Kill the turkies, ducks, and chickens,
Mix the punch,
Drag out "The Dickens!"
Even though the prospect sickens,
Brother, here we go again!
On Christmas day you can't get sore,
Your fellow man you must adore,
There's time to rob him all the more,
The other three-hundred and sixty-four!
Relations sparing no expenses,
Send some useless, old utensils,
Or a matching pen and pencil,
"Just the think I need......(how nice).
It doesn't matter how sincere it is,
Or how heartfelt the spirit!
Sentiment will not endear it!
What's important is the PRICE!
Hark! the Harold Tribune Sings,
Advertising wondrous things!
God Rest Ye Merry Merchants,
May you make the Yuletide PAY!
Angels We Have Heard On High,
Tell us to go out and BUY!
Sooooooooooooooooooooo,
let the rockets, sleigh bells jingle,
Hail! Our dear old friend, Kris Kringle!
Riding his reindeer across the sky!
Don't stand underneath when they fly by!
With that in mind, I have put up our beloved Christmas tree (which was actually just stored in the garage from last year!!), bought and hand decorated ornanments to hang outside our house, made Kevy put up Christmas lights (colored, of course) and made my Grandma Bailey a little decorative item she can hang her Christmas cards on.
OUR TREE
Gma B's present. I got a placemate and glued the "be merry!" sign on it and then bought clip on earring metal pieces and glued on the stars. I then sewed the stars on you can open the clips and put a card in there!! I have Chase and Kacee's card from last year on there as an example. I am taking orders for all of those interested.
Kevin putting up the lights and you can see my ornanments.
We love our little house! While I have been the decorative goddess, Kevin has been replacing all of the electrical wires in the house with new ones. There were a few nights there that I had no lights upstairs and outlets are still hard to come by because Kev has been so busy with school he hasn't gotten to it. Half our house, including the furnance, was all on one breaker before (ridiculous I know) so we started doing electrical work last year. We haven't replaced the wires in the garage, but with how messed up the house was we are pretty proud to be done with it. We are so grateful to the Spencer's for all the help!! I wish I could take a picture of all the work we have done, but replacing wires doesn't really have something to show for it. I will just let you come over and flip on and off the switches, while we oohh and awwe over it.
Other news...I'm 25! Old and chubby, never thought the day would come! Kevin has two weeks left of school, I have two weeks left of work and then BOTH of us get a two week break!!!! We got our Christmas present early: Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit! I can actually do okay singing on a few songs, but my heart is in the drums. Anyway, we like all of you and hope to keep this blog updated on our small, uneventful lives!
5 comments:
KABER!!!!!
Wow. I love the new look of the blog. And it is so great to have you updating -- Kevin did a great job, but I missed hearing from my Kaber-Baber. I was going to call you yesterday and invite you to come and enjoy a lovely Sunday afternoon with us. We watched your FAVORITE movie -- "Scrooge, the Musical." The girls love this and I know you would enjoy it if you were with us, I have faith! When are you going to come out and scrapbook? How is Oliver? E-mail me sometime. Love you lots,
Joey
I love the update, the decor, and your craftiness! It was great to see you guys the other day. Hope your two week break will be bliss!
YAY!!! You're Back!! That is the best gift of the season to have you back in town! Thank you to you and Kevin for the birthday visit and the brownies. YUMMERS!! The brownies were immediately "snarfed" right up. (Do you think that is a real word?) Anyway, they were enjoyed by all. You are both so darling. Love the decorations. We'll have to drop by soon and ooohh and ahhh and also turn on some lights. Yeehaw! So much excitement. Love you both. Auntie Renee
Why in heavens name am I anonymous? I am sometimes so computer illiterate!! Oh well. Another day I'll get it right. Love ya, Renee the anonymous gal!!
Hey! I just drove past your house and the outside decorations look FABULOUS!!! I love the lights and the Christmas Ornaments look so great. You really have an eye for artistic touches. Looks so good. Love ya!
Post a Comment