The holidays are over and its time to get back to school and work. With this holiday season now just memories I thought I would break down the top moments of the holidays.
1. Christmas morning at the Preston's. This year all three siblings, spouses and grand children spent the night at Ma and Pa Preston so we would all be there Christmas morning together. We played Kings Quest 3 until about 11:00 Christmas eve. For those of you who don't know what Kings Quest is, it is a super old school video game where you have to piece clues together. After unsuccessful attempts at sleeping in the freezing basement, Katie and her siblings returned to the game. They beat the game at 2:00 a.m. at which point we moved upstairs to the couches where we finally slept. The next morning we enjoyed opening presents and watching the kids with their toys. My favorite part was eating Stan Preston's famous breakfast of bacon, pancakes, and Orange Juice. Because of the bad weather we ended up sleeping at the Preston's another night.
2. Watching movies. I love movies and we watched some good ones bad ones and old ones.
Good ones: WALL E, Four Christmases, Kung Fu Panda
Bad ones: Hancock
Old ones: Hello Dollie, Mr. Kruger's Christmas, A Wonderful life
3. New Years Eve. We had a great time bringing in the new year at two parties. First we went to my sisters house, Amy, and celebrated the Spencer way. For some reason we listened to Beethoven, ate pitas, and played chess. Then we went to Drew's house and enjoyed a solid round of Guitar Hero.
4. Mathews baptism. It has been a long time since I have been to a baptism and it was a great experience to see Mathew get baptized. I have only known Mathew for two and a half years, and he is an exceptionally nice boy. The baptism was great. We also enjoyed catching up with the extended family. I just want Joey and Renee to know that I was motivated to write today because of you.
5. As always sports. I went to the Las Vegas Bowl to see BYU humiliate themselves. It was still a lot of fun though. Thanks again Stan the Man for the tickets. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing TCU and even more Utah win their bowl games. Utah is #1 in my rankings. I was also disappointed to see BYU basketball loss to close ones to ranked teams. My advise to BYU is to stop chocking.
6. Rock Band World Tour for the wii. Our Christmas present to ourselves was Rock Band, so if you think you can beat us we are open to the challenge. Katie also got me 15 hot wheels which are awesome.
Well that about sums things up. Next week school and Olive Garden start. Yes I did get my job back at the OG. For those of you who actually read this all I apologize. Above is our Christmas picture.
4 comments:
Thanks for heeding our counsel about writing on your blog Kevin!!It was great to read your update. Love ya, Renee
Four Christmases was awesome!!
Kevin,
Thanks for writing! I love it when you or Kater-Baber does an update. The only other thing I'd ask for is more info on Oliver :-)
Love you all, Joey
Thanks for the update! You make me laugh. I wish we could have hung out more over Christmas.... oh well. We are still up for the Rock Band challenge if you guys are up for it (although we will SO beat you!). :)
Post a Comment