Saturday, February 21, 2009

QUEEN & KING OF MARIO GALAXY

If some of you were wondering "Where are Kevin and Katie these days?" I have the answer. We were downstairs playing Mario Galaxy. After about two 12-15 hour weeks of dedication and hard week, a champion has been crowned. Katie and Kevin Spencer are the newest champions of Mario Galaxy. So here is the full story. We bought the Wii about a year ago, and got a couple of games. We started Mario Galaxy, and Katie mostly played it while I was gone late at the Olive Garden working. After the first 60 stars or levels, the final Bowser level was open. When we beat Bowser the credits rolled, and technically we beat the game. The thing is there were still 60 more stars we didn't get. We got a few more stars, but it wasn't something that was priority. Then about two weeks ago I decided I wanted to get all 120 stars. The thing is the stars also got a lot harder. Last week after a lot of hard work from both Katie and I we beat Mario. Thinking that was it, it was high fives for everyone. Turns out that was half way. After beating Mario, Luigi was opened. We had to beat all 120 stars with Luigi to finally open the Grand Finale level. Turns out the Grand Finale was super easy. Way disappointing. That happened about 1:00 a.m. last night. Now we can be friends with people again.

In other sports news, my Nuggets team is #3 in the west behind the Lakers and Spurs. I am very happy about the trade of Allen Iverson to the Pistons for Chuncy Billups. Allso the Jazz have had some amazing games against LA and Boston. Two thumbs way up for those wins. Lets hope they can keep it up against the Hornets tonight.

In college news, BYU gave us all a little scare losing 3 quick ones in the start of conference play. If they can beat UNLV at their place, and Utah at home we should be tournament bound. Lets just hope their 16 year streak of losing in the first round ends. My #2 team Utah is also playing very well. I know its sad, but Utah is my #2 now. Utah has given me a lot since the transfer, like a 3.35 GPA. Thats up from a 2.95 at BYU. I still fight it out with all those U fans about the greatness of BYU. Its too bad BYU chokes so much.

As far as other news, We are excited about a little road trip to CO for spring break. We are most excited about our New York trip at the end of the semester. Lets hear it for Southwest rewards. We have also started watching a couple new shows. 3o rock is awesome. I would say almost funnier then The Office, but that just me. I have also enjoyed American Idol, I know its embarrassing, but what are you going to do.

Until next time, from yours truly KDOG

2 comments:

Mary said...

All I can say about your amazing Mario Galaxy feat is a quote from 30 Rock: "I want to go to there."

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the 120 stars.