Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The summer is HALFWAY gone

For some reason time seems to go faster when its summer. I have been meaning to post something for months now, but there are just so many more things to do when it is nice outside. This post is going to be a recap of my summer up until this point.

First, I got a new job. If you haven't guessed yet, I got a job at L3 communications. I am a Co-Op in the standards engineering department. Co-Op is just a fancy title that means intern. As an intern my job description is to populate fields in a database and change data fields that need to be corrected. I basically do data entry all day. Its not the most exciting job in the world, but it is one step closer to doing some real engineering work in the future. I also get great compensation and every Friday off, so I will be having fun three days a week instead of two. Go ahead and give me a call if you want to go mountain biking, watch a dollar movie or do something exciting like that.

Second, I would like to talk about the NBA playoffs. Now that it is all over I am glad I didn't make any wild predictions about the Nuggets beating the Lakers. I just hat the Lakers so much. The only teams that are allowed to be ridiculously good are the teams that I root for and the underdog. As far as the Nuggets are concerned, I don't like all the players (hence the Thuggets picture), but I have followed the Nuggets more or less since I was a teenager. They have been bad for so long, I thought this year was there championship year. Maybe next year. I also like the Utah Jazz, I would have been happy if they made it deep into the playoffs.
Part of the reason I get so much done during the summer, is because there is no Basketball or Football. Now I am just looking forward to the September 5th BYU vs. Oklahoma game.

Third, Disneyland. How can the happiest place on earth be even happier? Being with the entire family! There are now 37 members of the immediate family, crazy. Thanks Heidi for all the work you did setting it up. The highlights of the Disneyland trip are as follows: Toy Story ride 5 times, The Haunted Mansion, Club 33 (Thanks Ryan), beach day with family, face painting, seeing Andre Kirilenko and trying to sneak pictures of him at dinner, and last but not least forgetting my swimsuit at the hot tub.


























Finally, New York and Washington D.C. My lovely wife planed a fantastic trip to the East coast. We stayed with a lot of Katie's old friends including Robyn and Glenn, Heather and Rich, and Corrie and Matt. If any of you read this, it was the best trip ever, thanks for taking us in. The highlights of our trip were: Hanging out at Long beach, Staying on Time Square, Wicked, The Empire State building,The LOVE statue (that's for Ian), Richmond Virgina, Apple Juice, Josh Ritter, White House tour, seeing Obama's motorcade, free museums like crazy, Mary Delmege, SUNBURN, Alan Wong, David Shaw, great food. The list could go on for ever.































Thanks for reading this entire post. I left out the bathroom remodel, but Katie already covered that. I will put the final photo. I also need to post the video of the final robot competition from last semester. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

I 2nd your feelings about the Lakers...HATE HATE HATE. Looks like you guys have had a lot of fun trips from one end of the country to the other. It was fun to see a picture of Heather. If you guys did all that in half of the summer, I can't wait to hear what's in store for the 2nd half!

kevin said...

The rest of the summer we are going to lay low, except for a trip to Bear Lake with Katie's extended family for a weekend. I love summer.