Wednesday, October 7, 2009

baby things

I've been setting up the nursery, crocheting the blessing blanket, scrapbooking the ultrasounds, reading about labor, etc., etc. I am feeling quite maternal. So I thought I would share with you some of my "projects":

This is a monogram that Kevin's brother Ian made for me after I kind of designed it. It is going to go in the nursery (of course) over the changing table. Isn't it adorable?! I mean, I know vinyl lettering is kind of mormony and lame, but I JUST LOVE THIS!!!!!!! We are also adding a quote, "Trailing clouds of glory do we come; From God, who is our home; Heaven lies about us in our infancy" over Cora's crib. I love that quote. Thanks Renee and Des (and mom)!!


Here is the blessing blanket I just finished crocheting last night! I thought it would take me longer that is why I started so early, but once I get started.....I just couldn't stop. I think it turned out really well!! It isn't perfectly square, but no one will notice when Cora is wrapped up in it. I got the pattern for free so if anyone wants it, just let me know.


Here is one up-close:


And this is a random picture, and obviously not my cutest (not that anything is now-a-days), but I just thought it was so funny. The cat tries to cuddle me and sit on my lap, but there is NO SPACE any more, so he will start out really high on my tummy so his face is close to mine and he will slowly slide down over the bump. This picture was taken by Kevin while we were watching Community last week.


so I should tell about some other news...let's see:
  • I got highlights that were supposed to be "golden brown" that turned out to be platinum blonde, but what can you do...;
  • Kevin has been interviewing for jobs all over the country and I think, from what he says, they are going really well;
  • I saw a bum/foot/hand/something move from one side of my stomach to the other for the first time last week. Kevin was actually watching too and to be honest we were both a little creeped out. I believe one of us said..."IT'S ALIVE" and that just ruined the moment;
  • I'm done travelling (well flying I still have to drive to Ogden for 4 weeks) and that is SO great, because flying pregnant just sucks;
  • I officially hate road construction: our freeway exit is closed (I-80 13th east), then there is construction on all of I-80, from SLC downtown to Bountiful (so this adds another 15 minutes from my house to my hospital, which makes me alittle nervous) and from Bountiful to Ogden which will be my commute for the next 5 weeks!
  • And lastly, my doctor let me know at my last appointment that he is planning on inducing me because, as he says it: it is not IF I will get pre-eclampsia, but WHEN!! OH THE JOYS! At least there is a medical reason for my swelling (not normal preggo swelling, this is much more extreme). So he says that he is going to try and wait until I'm 38 weeks (Nov. 21st) but that might be pushing it. He says that he will wait (if at all possible, bed-rest if necessary) until I'm 35 weeks (Oct. 31st), but it all depends on how fast/severe I get pre-eclampsia. My blood pressure at this last appt. was 148/80 which isn't "terrible" but considering that I was 96/58 before pregnancy, my doctor is worried. This news is kind of exciting (mainly for the fact that I don't really like being pregnant, for the most part) and can't wait to have this baby, but it also SCARES me to death!!! I could have a baby in 3 weeks. Who reading this just gasped?? *me too*

7 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! Katie! PLEASE let me know if you need anything (especially if you go on bed rest)! I'm sorry your swelling has been so bad... Take care of yourself and that baby girl. :) Hope to see you soon at a baby shower!

Eliza said...

I totally gasped!

I super duper love that quote you're going to put above her crib! And the blessing blanket is absolutely beautiful, good work!

Emily said...

Katie! I am so impressed - you are a domestic goddess. I hope that everything continues to go well, even with the crappy commute. :( Hopefully we can hang out with you guys at least once before the baby comes!

Mary said...

kates! you are so hard core. sorry about the commute - i feel your pain. the greater dc area simply stinks in the traffic department. sorry about the complications - what a bust. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WILL HAVE A BABY SOON! i did gasp. that is crazy. and awesome. oh yeah, and thanks for you sweet birthday note. i love and miss you dearly. are you registered anywhere? i didn't ask for a baby shower invite because i really couldn't go. i wish.

good luck, friend. let's chat soon.

xoxo

anna jo said...

oh my gosh, I did kind of just gasp in my heart. it could be that soon??

let me tell you a little secret. I kind of miss being pregnant (and I even miss the big mamma belly! weird, huh?) but that's because it was all a lot easier back then. granted my pregnancy was smooth sailing the whole way through, it was the labor/delivery and this foot drop I'm now dealing with that have been really hard.

but I think that you will have a great labor/delivery because you've had such a rough time during pregnancy. it just has to work out that way otherwise that's just cruel!

if you need anything, let me know! can't wait to meet miss cora :)

Christina said...

That is very exciting, we can't wait to meet Cora Belle! Look forward to seeing you next week.

Chelsey said...

So, I thought I was keeping up with your blog, but this was a big post to miss. I am glad that I am up to speed. I hope that you can keep the baby in you until after Halloween. I am sorry that it is a little scary, well, very scary. Best of luck!
P.S. I love the Cora Belle and think it will look fabulous in the nursery!!!!