Friday, October 30, 2009

....

I'm still pregnant. The scare of my blood pressure has been slowed with my last few doctor appointments measuring my bp as borderline, but not rising. My doctor is pretty stunned that it hasn't gone up anymore, but this is good for the baby! Notice I say baby and not me. I'm feeling done. I feel I have put in a really strong effort for these 35 weeks and I think that should be enough! I can't sleep anymore, I'm getting nauseated again, my stretch marks are just becoming more obscene and besides feeling like I'm having a heart attack all the time...I now get headaches all the time. Everytime I get some motivation to get up and do something I get dizzy. My body has decided to put me on bed rest.

I went to go see the doctor today and he checked me out to see how I'm progressing...I'm pretty much Fort Knox down there. Sealed, air-tight. I guess most women are starting to dilate by now, the normally baby has dropped and you should start to efface, but oh, not me. Cora is deciding to take up camp. I found this news...discouraging. To top it off, the doctor couldn't find Cora's heart beat very fast so he did an ultrasound to make sure everything is okay (which it looks like she is okay, with her head down), but found out that she has HUGE lips! Such a random thing. We could hardly get half her face into one shot, but her lips are Angelina Jolie-ish. Oh I really hope she turns out cute! Nevertheless, he set an inducement date for me (November 30th). Cora seems to be large and they don't want her getting too chunky before her arrival. THIRTY-ONE DAYS! I feel back pain just thinking about it....I just don't know if I can do 4 more weeks!

Here are some pictures from the family pumpkin carving. You know my dad is great, he did the Goblin ones (one on each side) and they have always been his specialty. Kevin's is the one at the top middle, I did Cora's with her name, and mom did Oliver's as "Vampire Kitty." The other ones are Chase's family. The one in the middle (under Kevin's) is actually quite cool, but you can't see it very well...


All of us posing for the camera timer...too bad we didn't set the red-eye reduction!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hang in there Kate! One day at a time. Kepp cooking that little babe! You're going to be such a great mom!

Sabrina said...

It's not going to last forever, Katie! I know it FEELs like forever...but hey, you have an induction date!! I was never lucky enough to have a date like that - just always went past the due date. And if it helps to know, I was never dialating that early either...even after having 5kids! Just take one. day. at. a. time. I always gave myself one thing to accomplish each day at the end, just so that I would have something else to focus on aside from still being pregnant. You're almost there! Woo hoo! I can't wait to see little Cora!

hillary and britton said...

Hang in there Katie! You can do it. And of course Cora is going to be a doll

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Just a couple more weeks! Ahhh! I'm so excited for you!!!