Monday, January 18, 2010

Health Update

For those of you who haven't heard, I had a sweet hospital stay last week. It started with some pain in my stomach on a Wednesday Evening. By 1 a.m. Thursday morning I started throwing up. I spent the entire day trying to eat with no success. By midnight on Thursday night I was feeling so weak and sick that I decided to go to the ER for fluids or something to ease the stomach pain. Come to find out, I had appendicitis. They gave me morphine which was awesome because I was able to sort of sleep the rest of the morning. At 8 a.m., I went in for surgery. I woke up at 11:00 and I was already feeling better. At 6:00 p.m. I checked out of the hospital. That night I started to get bad headaches , and my heart was beating really fast. Saturday was miserable and I spent most of the day sleeping and laying down. By Sunday morning at 7:00 a.m. I started coughing up blood and stuff so we went back to the ER. When I got there, I found out I was at 72% oxygen which is well bellow the normal 98%. They put me on oxygen, and I was feeling a lot better in just a couple hours. They did some x-rays, and found out I had pneumonia. By Monday morning I was feeling great and off of the oxygen. The pneumonia was still about the same on Morning, so I had to stay another day. On Tuesday morning my X-ray looked good enough that they let me go home. Since then I have been feeling great. In the end I found out that the food is terrible, and I am glad I signed up for the good insurance. I would like to Thank Emily and Heidi for all of their advice and visits, and Henry and Renee for taking Cora so Katie could stay with me.

4 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Love your conclusions from your stay...so far, I've never had hospital food that I'd actually qualify as "good".

Mary said...

Wow, what an experience. Before we knew it was that bad, JB jokingly thought the pneumonia was from running out of the house to play basketball without your shoes on yet. We are very glad you are better.

Renee said...

SO GLAD you are better. That was waaaaayyy too scary!! We loved having Cora come and play at our house! Stay healthy and go on lots of dates so we can have Cora come over again really soon!!! The kids all went through Cora withdrawals!!

hillary and britton said...

Wow-sounds horrible! I'm glad you are better