Thursday, June 7, 2012

Family, Fun, Farm, and Ferraris

Well starting off our adventures of late was with family!  The Vawdreys came to see us!  Luckily Heidi posted some awesome pictures that I stole!  We ate smores, went to the bug museum, had a picnic on the boardwalk of Bremerton, played at parks, beaches, closed museums, and just talked and talked! Here are a few of my favorite pictures!

Cora just adopting herself into the family!  Allen's AWESOME shirt!

Of course any picture of George, especially when Heidi takes it with her nice camera.  Here he is in all of his glory at 4 months!

Cora couldn't get enough of chasing her cousins!  Ethan was such a good sport!

We went for a stroll by the blow hole ponds and of course we decided to take a dip to cool off, unfortunately Cora decided to go swimming! 

THE BUG MUSEUM!!!  They had a live tortoise there!

Allen holding adorable King George away from the smoke while we had smores.

Ethan also let George get a taste of his arm and George couldn't get enough.  Drool arms are always fun.

No. 2 kid, but possibly no. 1 favorite depending on how crazy Cora is.  I sure love him (and her)!

Reeses Smores, just marshmallow-all-over-your-face-good!

Cora went nuts putting marshmallows on the stick and eating them.  She probably ate 10 that way!

The kids getting ready!

Kevin lit this fire in one match!!  I have never seen that done before.  There is a reason he got his Eagle at 13.

George getting some major Vitamin D treatment.  And yes, he was born awesome.

Some cute little beach babes (and a beached whale...I'll let you guess who!)

Too bad the water was freezing, and more than normal freezing cold ocean water...REALLY freezing.

All tuckered out.  Pretty sure I had to tear myself away from smooching him to take this picture.

So yes Cora was back in her crib and with her binki (regression at it's best!) but that is one awesome trick of licking her vitamin then using it to stick her pillow to the rail!  She isn't holding it in this picture. 

Another shot, seriously some strong stickiness


Yes I live in Port Orchard where this picture was taken, and yes that is the coolest car ever.  I wouldn't mind taking that for a spin!

The kids as we are skyping the grandparents before they left for Israel.  I was trying to do Cora's hair, but she was a little distracted.


Teaching Cora early so hopefully by at 4 she can mow the lawn!

This was at the Imagination Station.  Cora just jumped on the back of a friend's car.  Pretty hilarious!

Here she is, naked of course, with a little duckie rattle that gma Robyn gave her that was Robyn's when she was little.  Cora loves it.

George in the ER with bronciolitis.  He pooed while we were waiting for the dr. and seriously right as I was taking his diaper off to change him the doc came in.  Luckily he has kids and actually held George's legs while I cleaned him up.  Super nice.

Yep, that is my main man and my two beautiful chillins.  I love every single one of these guys!! 

Oh I wish, I wish that Lumahai Beach was in Port Orchard, WA!  It was a gated road, but I would love to see the house that owns it!

Kind of a weird picture but I cut my hair off!!  8" chopped off and donated to Pantene.  I absolutely love my haircut!

Yes if you pose super cute, show a little belly, and give me the puppy dog eyes, I will buy you some M&Ms.

I LOVE THIS PICTURE!  Isn't George so cute.  And he looks so innocent as he is pulling Cora's hair like reins on a horse.  Cora was just screaming owie and help while I took this picture.  Hahaha!

We cat sat a little kitty named Tilli for a month and it may have been a bit of a struggle keeping Cora from laying on it, pulling its tail, and mauling it, but she loved it and now we know for sure we are going to wait a long time before we get one.

One proud papa bear!

Yes, that is a huge, huge man going down our slide, face first in his church clothes.  He seriously flew off that second bump.  It was worth the grass stains!

One day as I watched the Robison's kids the girls decided to dress up.  Cora luckily hasn't quite gotten the concept down and was happy to be the Train Engineer. 

I do think she liked being spiderman (woman) even more though.  Look at those muscles!! 

Kevin turned 28th on the 22nd of May.  And since I am the coolest wife ever (as people call me) I threw him a surprise birthday party.  It was fun since most people hadn't been to a SURPRISE party since they were 7.  The Young's got him a forever lazy and he is now inducted into the Holy Order (as Chase calls it).  Here Kevin is showing off his better side.
 We decided to get a double stroller, especially since we are going to San Diego.  We found our dream stroller, but it costs an arm and a leg, and a lean on your house, but we sold a gazillion things on craigslist, had a garage sale, and were able to buy...drumroll please...THE BABY JOGGER CITY SELECT!  Yeah, we are that cool.  It is the best ever.  You can configure it in a ton of different ways and the kids love it!
I'm a sexy momma and I know it!

Tired of seeing Cora...presto...she's gone!

Kevin quite happily doing his fatherly duties of feeding George without realizing the blowout practical joke George was play on him (well on his jeans!), it was hilarious!

At Ikea.  Aren't they so cute.  Notice Cora's hair.  I cut 4" off myself.  It is pretty cute.

Spencer Liljenquist throwing Cora in the air.  Isn't that the coolest picture ever?

At the park by the library where we go all the time.  Cora got a little dizzy in this thing and Kevin's favorite thing to do was spin her in it then quickly take her out and watch her try and walk.  It is amazing she is still alive today.
 
One gorgeous day we decided to sit outside and enjoy the weather.  We brought out the chalk for Cora, which she didn't seem interested in so we thought we would show her how fun it would be.  I started this psychedelic flower and Kevin jumped in and helped me.  

Cora's version of planking.  She does this pose all the time and I am not sure where she got it from. 

One random day I decided to look up garage sales (Kev and I go almost every saturday, but rarely do I look them up in advance) and found a gem.  This guy had collected 15k hot wheels over the years, but decided that they were taking up space and he wanted to get rid of them so he was selling them 3 for a $1!  Kevin went nuts!!  Speed Kevin at this best.  We may have gone back a second time and bought more than 200 cars.  Luckily we are sending some off to friends!
HOLLER!

He even let me, George, and Cora pick out a few.

Doesn't my finger look nice?  Oh yeah and we found a boat with Cora's name on it.  Shouldn't that mean she gets to keep it?

On Saturday May 26th was the Fathom of Fun and Harbor Festival.  It was a gorgeous day and so we went out to enjoy the festivities!!
You all know how much I love face painting!!  Had to stop and let Cora pick out what she wanted.  Which was a heart of course.

This could be the coolest shirt you have ever seen.  We had George wear it to church, only our finest on Sunday.

Rocking it at Manchester State Park with the Liljenquists.  We had a cart wheel contest, Cora tried to repel down some rocks to the water, and Olli about died laughing at the noise our feet made on the rocks, cause that's funny right?

We decided a tree in our backyard was dead after it didn't bud at all again this year so Kevin tore it out and we had a huge bonfire and made smores.  Olli and Spencer admiring the fire (and that is Olli looking like an umpa-lumpa!).

My mommy-wammy came into town and we decided to do a bunch of things we have been meaning to see, first off was the Olympic Game Farm in Sequim.  It was THE COOLEST!!!  Llamas, Zebras, Yaks, Bears, Bison, Deer, Peacocks, etc. eating bread out of our hands.  Cora was dying!  We all thought it was so awesome!!  The pictures can't show just how cool it was, but you can see the animals right inside our car!!  
Why hello Zebra!

Cora getting to know a monochromatic friend.

A Tibetan Yak enjoying a snack.

The llamas were the funniest.  As soon as we turned the corner and they saw us they ran full speed to our car and we had to finally close the windows to get rid of them.  They would try and move in front of the car to make it stop and slowly walk back to the window begging for more bread.  We must have given them two loaves at least.

This poor lonely peacock was trying to woo a few females and none of which seemed to even notice him.  I don't know how they didn't with all those feathers and the noise he made by using those back feathers to rattle them.  It was amazing to see.

Front side.

We didn't think you could feed the bears at first because there was a fence, and this poor guy was doing all sorts of tricks: scratching, standing, smiling.  So once we figured out you can give them food we drove all the way around again to give him extra bread!  He was the best!

Show off!

Even George got to get a little animal lovin!  That whiteish one in back kept trying to lick him so good thing we were in a Yukon because George would have been slobbered!  I love his expression in this picture!

Bison have very long tongues...ridiculously long.

Notice George's hand on the window.  He kept trying to grab the buffalo's chin hair!

Long curly tongues.

The animal expedition gang!  I love mom's smile!

They had two maps (one of the world and one of the USA) with pins in it to show where people were from.  The best part is you can see tons of holes so we asked and she says it gets so full that she has to occasionally take some of the pins out!  Luckily there wasn't one on Bountiful so we added that one and in the book the person before us was from Poland!  Crazy!!

ROAR!  From Cora not the Tiger, she needed a nap desperately after the tour!

We decided to take the scenic loop of Sequim, it was gorgeous and the houses were amazing.  There were a few windsurfers getting some crazy air too!
 Cora had her FIRST swim lesson on Monday.  Luckily gma Cheryl was there to help me because we got there 15 minutes early and it was everything I could do to keep her from jumping in the pool before her lesson started.  She was fearless and you can tell she is going to be amazing!  She kept jumping out of the water yelling, "I DID IT" and "HOORAY!"  Can't beat that!
All confidence.

She was incredible and would just sit there holding onto the side the whole time.  I was shocked!  It couldn't have been more than 6 months ago that we tried to go swimming with her and she would run and jump in the water no matter the depth and almost drown!
 Then we went to the Tacoma children's museum where Kevin probably had as much fun as any of the kids there!  Cora gets a little hyper and spastic with all the things to do, but I love her creativity!
Gma is so helpful!

Mom and I kept trying to figure out how they did things (particularly the air pipes) and deciding if we could make them at home one day!

Then we decided to drive by this weirdo building we always see off the freeway that has cars in it.  Luckily, it was a brand new American Car Museum that had it's grand opening only 4 days prior!!!  So of course we couldn't keep giddy little kevin from going in!  I think I may have liked it just as much as him since he is more into the fast, expensive newer cars and these were mostly old, old classics.  I took a billion pictures, but here are a few of my favorites!







This was probably one of Kevin's favorites, which it is so hard to choose favorites, but you could see the glow in his eyes when he beheld this one!

Then mom and I got creative and decided to try making a colored rice sandbox for Cora.  I heard how to do it from a friend (just add hand sanitizer and food coloring to rice and mix well) and it sounded so easy so we made this for Cora one night.  She loves it so much.  It kind of looks like throw-up all mixed up, but luckily it doesn't distract Cora at all!
This ornery face she is making is because I am telling her not to touch so I can take pictures...she can't help touching it...must hold back.  Don't worry she played with it for about 3 hours after!
And that is about it!  We have had a lot of fun lately, especially since George is getting bigger (he started solid foods, Oatmeal, last week), and it is getting warmer and sunnier outside, and also since the Liljenquist's have moved back for good!  Can't wait for the next few weeks!

6 comments:

Mary said...

I love the Madagascar reference: Where's that crazy lion? And your monochromatic friend.

Those cars are cool! Nice to see pictures of your sweet family and cute haircuts.

Mary said...

love the update! congrats on the AWESOME stroller. cora is such a ham, and all of those matchbox cars are insane. xo

Dan and Laura said...

What a fabulous update! I think George is looking more and more like Cora. They're just really cute kids! :) I like the rice box idea. And I LOVE your haircut! Those animals are crazy getting that close to you guys.

Sarah Preston said...

It looks like you guys are having so much fun out there! Your hair looks adorable by the way! I want to go on the safari adventure you went on! But I don't think I could have done the bear part!

Nurse Heidi said...

Ahhhh fun stuff! That wild animal park looks totally awesome! We went to Bear World in Idaho on our way home from Yellowstone a few years ago and it was expensive and on the disappointing side of things - we hoped it was more like what you posted pictures of.

Can't wait to see you soon!

Chelsey said...

Best update ever! YOu have packed in the fun. Your hair cut is super cute. Your kids are the cutest ever. I love how George looks like a perfect mix of you and Kev. As always, you take the most captivating photos!