Thursday, January 17, 2013

Japan pictures 1

Well Japan has been crazy! Lots of ups and lots of downs! George was terrible on the flight over and the first night....and last night, actually. But he seems to be getting sick so the poor thing has been through a lot. We spent yesterday putting stuff away and trying to get used to our very japanese apartment. Last night we went out on the town and I forgot my camera, but we went to "Denny's" for dinner but it was so japanese I didn't recognize anything. I ordered what I thought was applesauce for George and turns out to be shrimp oatmeal! I think! Then I got a club sandwich which actually was turkey tomato and lettuce on half but the top was egg, ham, and ketchup so those two together was really interesting. I also went to the park yesterday and there was a few other kids there that Cora tried to talk to or steal their toys. Luckily everyone was really nice. I was the only one with two kids I noticed. I got to practice my japanese with them a little. The 100 yen store (dollar store) is really close and awesome! Kevin has a three day weekend so hopefully we can so more exploring then! Hope you like the pictures!! P.s. the awesome toilets are as incredible as you think!!













3 comments:

Dan and Laura said...

Wow Katie! I laughed really hard at those pictures of George poking Cora's face. Hope he feels better soon. That toilet DOES look amazing! Keep the pictures coming and I wish you continued good luck with the food. :)

Mary said...

yay, you made it! amen to all of lar's comments. xo

Sarah Preston said...

I can't wait to hear more about your adventure and to see all the pictures! You are so brave!