Thursday, January 10, 2008

Popularity and Music

So I added that counter on my page and I was so excited to see the numbers go up! I couldn't believe it; however, I was telling Kevin about it and he slyly mentioned that he checks the site about 5-7 times a day just so the numbers would increase....hahaha.

Then I was using my itunes gift certificate from Lara last night and I decided to check the Billboard top 50 to see what is popular, because I never listen to the radio and thought I would check in. I really like a lot of the songs and so I thought I would list some of my favorites and then if any of you have any other recommendations based upon what I wrote then I would check those out too. (no particular order)
1. The new(er) Format album
2. The new(er) Keane album
3. 1234, Feist
4. Bubbly, Colbie Caillat
5. Clumsy, Fergie
6. Sweet Escape, Gwen Stefani
7. Love Song, Sara Bareilles
8. Umbrella, Rihanna
9. Smile (clean), Lily Allen
10. Flight of the Conchords: The Most Beautiful Girl, Not Crying, If You're into It.
11. Put Your Records On, Corrine Bailey Rae
(older music I have been listening to lately)
12. No Rain, Blind Melon
13. Poison, Bell Biv DeVoe
14. California Stars, Billy Bragg
15. These Boots are Made For Walking, Nancy Sinatra
16. What I Am, Eddie Brickell
17. Santeria (clean), Sublime
18. Another Brick in the Wall, pt. 2, Pink Floyd
19. Runaway Train, Soul Asylum
20. Bell Bottom Blues, Derek & The Dominos
21. Come on Eileen, Dexy's Midnight Runners
22. Cat Stevens
23. And of course, Ryan Adams, my favorite.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I would have to agree with the Flight of the Conchords songs. We got the first season DVD's for Christmas, and I think we have already watched every episode twice. Great show and awesome songs. We still haven't gotten together! Will I see you at Liz's wedding???

Mary said...

i have some sweet new favs -
- young folks by peter bjorn and john
- fresh feeling by the eels
- essentially anything from the scrubs soundtrack
- what goes around - justin timberlake

older new favs -
- bleed to love her by fleetwood mac
- and i've really started liking coldplay a lot lately. they are very good for winter season, i think.

love you!!!!

Hksedwick said...

Katie, we just got an itunes giftcard and we downloaded tons of those same songs. How about Ingrid Michaelson? Love the format.