Sunday, December 6, 2009

Life Perfected

My life is slowly being perfected and I am realizing now why people actually get pregnant more than once. Not that I idealize changing poopy diapers, trying to breastfeed, or (especially) lack of sleep, but this little girl is... .... ... perfect. She is angelic. And she likes me -- I can tell. I sing her songs about diaper changes, getting burps out, and being a munch-munch and she smiles. I know that this is an involuntary reflex at this point, but I think she understands more than we give babies credit. Cora has a very expressive face and these eyes that seem to say more than words could explain. I was worried that after such an awful pregnancy that I wouldn't enjoy being a mother, but I do. Not only do I stay in my PJs most days, but I love cuddling Cora, giving her baths, dancing with her to Christmas music, telling secrets, and even changing diapers. I love cuddling up to Kevin after being up with Cora for 2 hours in the middle of the night and him thanking me for doing it. I loved having my mom and Grandma here. I love calling Kevin in the middle of the day to tell him of her latest pooping-all-over-everything story. I love that I can look at her and pick out distinct features that look like me and others that are clearly Kevin's. I love that she is mine, that I made her, and that she is perfect!

12 comments:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Wow. What a precious post, I seriously got teary eyed. Way to go Katie, you're the bestest mom ever :)

corryfever said...

congratulations! she is so so beautiful! i can't wait to meet her!

Mary said...

love it, love it, love it. motherhood totally fits you, my friend.

Eliza said...

So very very sweet. Little new babies are a touch of heaven!

Laura said...

You're truley embracing being a mommy and it's SOOO fun to read about! Thanks for sharing! Thanks for letting us visit too. You're awesome!

Jessica said...

I love this. I'm so happy for you!

Hksedwick said...

Aww Katie that is so amazing. I love hearing that. I can't wait to snuggle her too.

Liv said...

Beautiful perspective Katie!!

Meri said...

Yay! Welcome to motherhood, Katie! She is perfect! I so wish I could have a little smooch. Mmmmm... Love her just like you are! I'm gonna go smooch my little guys now because you've reminded me. Thanks. We've been thinking of you guys!

Renee said...

Katie, I love this blog entry! You are an amazing Mommy already!! Love you.

Amy said...

Love the pictures! I'm just dying that we haven't seen her yet. Hope we can catch you this week.

Just as a side note, in the 8th picture down, Cora looks like she's signing the word "interesting". Just a few week old and she can already sign. :)

Connie said...

This is so sweet, Katie. This is why Heavenly Father gave us the chance to be parents. So precious. Thank you for sharing.