Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cora Belle Spencer
Born: November 24, 2009 at 6:41 p.m.
Weight: 7 lbs 4 ounces
Length: 19 inches

I will let Katie fill you in on the details, but here is the short version. we came in last night at 9:00, and they started preparing her for labor. At 6:30 a.m. they started inducing labor, and at 7:00 the water was broken. After a good hour and a half of difficult contractions, Katie got an epidural at 12:30 p.m. A couple times the epidural wore off, but Katie got through it. At around 4:00 p.m., Katie was at a 5. She got some more drugs and fell asleep until 5:30. At 5:30 she was ready to start pushing. The rest as they say is history.

17 comments:

Alan said...

Awesome!!

Congratulations to the parents and welcome to Cora the Explora. Wait 'til she finds out how many doting aunts and uncles she has. She'll either be totally stoked or terrified. Or both.

Can't wait to meet her.

Alan said...

And happy birthday to Katie! Nice present.

Nurse Heidi said...

Katie says "Waaa waaa!! Cute baby." Can't wait to meet her in person! Congrats!

Amy said...

So glad she made here with everyone safe and sound. Can't wait to see the baby!

Renee said...

Oh Katie, I am in love!!! She is gorgeous. Can't wait to meet her. We love you all. See you soon. Love, Auntie Renee

Sarah Preston said...

she is beautiful! Good luck Katie in the recovery!

Jessica said...

Congratulations Katie! She is beautiful and you'll be the best mom ever!!

Eliza said...

So glad to hear that everything went well. Enjoy her tiny yummy baby goodness, congrats!!

Mary said...

I'm so glad everything went ok. Best of luck in the days ahead.

Hksedwick said...

YEAH!! I am so excited for both of you! (kevin is getting no love on the comments...we realize she's your baby too kevin)

Mary said...

woohoo!! congrats, you guys!
xoxo

shareka said...

Yea! My baby is here!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I wish I still lived in Utah so I could come and meet her and see you! Cuz I really like you. And now I really like Cora too :)

anna jo said...

so excited for all three of you! :)

Chelsey said...

Congratulations!!! Look at that happy family. I am sorry for the long labor...good thing that is over. I hope you get as much rest as you can. She is adorable!

Laura said...

Yipee!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Being parents is AWESOME (well, so far. ;)) Can't wait to come see her and you guys and get the details! Hope you have a speedy recovery Kate! Happy Birthday and Thanksgiving too!

Matt and Tara said...

Yay!!! Congrats!! She looks precious!