Monday, November 23, 2009

Induction Tomorrow!

Okay so I am asking for prayers! Shamelessly! I started to really swell on Saturday, which only got worse yesterday and was still bad this morning. I called my doctor to see what he thought, especially after finding out my blood pressure had jumped up. So he had me come in this afternoon and he tested my urine and blood pressure. Pretty much I have toxemia, not too bad yet, but it is progressing at an alarming rate. He said he didn't think I could wait until Monday to get induced, but probably could wait until Wednesday, but said that 2 days wasn't worth the risk. He said he would normally send me over to labor and delivery immediately by with my cervix only dilated to a 2 that he wants to put me on some medicine that softens it. SO I am going to the hospital tonight at 9 where they will administer the medicine and give me something else that will help me sleep so I can be rested for tomorrow. He said that he will check on me at 6 tomorrow morning and start me on pitocin. AHHHH! I'm surprisingly scared. I know I am so ready to have this baby, but now that it is eminent and that there are all these risks to the baby and c-sections and everything I am just getting really scared, thus the request for prayers. So pray for me and I will keep you posted on the progress! I love you all!

7 comments:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Oh wow! You're going to be a mom TOMORROW! Take lots of pictures and blog asap okay? Thinking of you and sending prayers your way :)

Jessica said...

YAY!! I'm so excited for you! Live it up tonight as your last night of your life without children! Good luck, and I'll pray for you!

R. rice said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you! You are going to do great!! We can't wait to meet her!

Liv said...

I hope everything goes well! It sounds a little scary, so I will remember you and Cora in my prayers. Best wishes and I hope you're both healthy and happy tomorrow!

Sarah Preston said...

Good Luck! I can't wait to hear when she arrives!

Eliza said...

Definitely in my prayers. That is so wonderful and exciting and definitely overwhelming all at the same time. Happy laboring Katie, you'll be a rockstar I'm sure of it!

:D

Laura said...

I totally prayed for you and Cora last night! I sure hope things go well today! Best wishes Spencer family!