Friday, May 21, 2010

Updates!!!

So many things to talk about! I am not going in chronological order because it would take too much effort. Here is the first story: My public vendor market... Just imagine we are new to Bremerton, we have so much to unpack, but I make the whole family go up to Port Angeles that is about 1 1/2 hours away. We have to get up super early to get the last few items and to get set up. I walk in and see...THREE OTHER VENDORS! Wow, don't get too excited. I figure we are just early so we get all set up and start talking to the other people there. I guess last week the other vendors didn't do so well so most of them didn't come back. Then we find out that the cruise ship is super late (over 5 hours late) so there is no one out and about. The cruise ship finally gets in about 4:30 (we have been there since 10 am) and I guess dinner on the boat starts at 6. Oh and it was super sunny and warm early in the morning, but by 4 it was cold and rainy. Let's just say of the 2,000+ people on the boat about 50 came out, and they were all from the geriatric wing. So I sold 4 bows for $25! At least I sold something! It was ridiculous and I just had to laugh. I spent how many hours...oh man! But here are some photos documenting the event:

Kevin and Cora as my models...


My first sale and $5!


Cutest girl ever!


My display!


More of my display


The night before we left--Gma and Cora


We found this restaurant (sketchy, I know) in downtown Bremerton! Cora's Diner means Cora gets an Eskimo kiss from me! She makes this kissy face all the time.


More of Cora's Diner


Kevin, Mom and I went to Seattle on the ferry on Mom's last day here. It was seriously only an hour from when we drove on the ferry. It is going to be so fun to go to Seattle for a night. This was Kevin's and Mom's first time in Seattle in such a long time!


The view of Seattle from the ferry!


Random picture of Cora with a milk mustache!


Cora sleeping through packing


Mother's DAY! My first! I got to spend it with my amazing mother and my daughter who thinks I am an amazing mother! Couldn't be better.


Kevin's Graduation!

So let's see... The drive out wasn't bad until the last little bit. Cora slept most of the way and then still was able to sleep that night! Don't I have the best baby?! The last 30 minutes or so we were in Portland traffic which was horrible after 11 hours of driving, but we got to Connie's with dinner all ready for us so we easily forgot everything!! I am so excited to live close to Connie's amazing cooking!

The next day we left Gma Cheryl in Oregon and drove to Bremerton. The movers were a bit late so we sat out in the sunshine and enjoyed the view. You can see the Olympic mountains from our porch! We did; however, find out our neighbor has roosters and chickens! No offense Walkers...but they are so ANNOYING! Luckily the owner keeps them inside at night. We love our place! We can't wait for it to be all clean and put together. We finished Cora's room first and will hopefully be done soon.

I know the first craft fair was such a bust, and I'll admit I cried a little after working so hard, but I figured it wasn't my fault as much as the situations so I am trying again over memorial weekend. There is a Harbor Festival going on. Wish me luck! I also found this awesome store (I have a found a few awesome ones including a sweet antique store with fabulous buttons, etc.) that is a vintage clothing and costume store. The owner of the store buys bottle top earrings made from a local bar owner's wife. So I thought I would try and see if the vintage store would be interested in my things...I'll keep you posted.

Kevin starts his job on Monday! He is so not ready...especially because we haven't had a moments rest since March! We thought two weeks would be so long and give us plenty of time to move in and figure things out, oh well!

It is beautiful up here though. We drove all around and just can't get over how gorgeous it is here. Tomorrow is Kevin's birthday and we are driving practically to Canada to see a University of Utah competition (a few friends of kevin's senior design project). We are just always going...but we did buy a king size bed from Costco today so hopefully we will sleep well tonight!!

I'll write more later! We love you all and can't wait for you all to come visit us :)

11 comments:

Savanna said...

Katie...have I commented here before? Port Angeles? Of the Twilight fame? :) I hope to bring my little sisters to Seattle/Port Angeles/Forks this summer. If so, I think it would have to involve a visit to you. Cora is seriously beautiful.

Brooke said...

Hi Katie! It sounds like you guys have been crazy busy! I told you I should have bought a bunch of those bows from you ;o). If I end up having a girl, make sure you keep some around for me to buy. I just got back from DC so I'll give you a call soon, I promise! We miss you guys a ton! You'll need to post pictures of your new home soon.
Love, Brooke

Alicia said...

Seeing your pictures of Seattle make me miss home so much!! I am so glad that you guys had a safe trip and are doing well. There is a small farmers market in Tacoma on Saturdays that you might be able to sell your bows at. It is in our old neighborhood (26th & Proctor). I am not sure how you would go about putting up a booth but you might do really well in that area!! Also, the Taste of Tacoma is in Pt. Defience park...usually the same weekend of the 4th of July...there are lots of booths there. Ill keep thinking of places for you to go! :) Port Angeles is not the best place anyways!! hahah. Oh... could always see about Pike Place...great location and a fantastic place to people watch! I will email you back my "list" soon...Take Care!
Alicia :)

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Next time I'm home we'll have to meet in Seattle at the world's best Thai food restaurant: Mae Phim. Don't you dare go there without me :) Hope you enjoy Washington, I'm so envious! I love trees and rain!

Nurse Heidi said...

Well hey, you sold SOMETHING! I have several friends that have gone to markets like that and come home emptyhanded. I'll send good vibes over Memorial weekend :).

Glad to hear you're all in one piece up there. Thanks for the update!

Mary said...

Best of luck! Glad you are settling in bit by bit. The YW (well, the whole ward really) miss you.

Christina said...

It is good to hear how things are going. The picture of you, your mom and Cora is adorable. So is the picture of Kevin and Cora being models. ;) Good Luck with all the uppacking setting up house. It might take a while, but oddly I think that stuff is fun. It is nest to see a place transfom into a home. Love ya guys!

Alan said...

I got all veklempt looking at your picture of the city from the ferry. I belong near the ocean. Glad y'all made it in one piece and are starting to get settled in. Send pictures of the new place!

Kacee said...

Oh it just makes me sad you're gone! But it' looks like you're doing well and what a fun place! We will have to visit soon!

Chelsey said...

Thanks for the update. I've been waiting to hear how you like it up there. I can't wait to see pictures of your new place. I am glad Cora was so good on your drive up. And, I LOVE that picture of you, Cora, and Gma Cheryl. It's great that it is so beautiful up there! We miss you....

Unknown said...

Cora is so precious. Falling asleep on the bouncer. Priceless! Tell Kevin to toss that Utah hat. Miss and love you guys...