14 years ago
Monday, June 28, 2010
Remembering Carrie
It has been 5 years since Carrie passed away on June 28th, 2005. At the time I had just gotten home from my mission and was really looking forward to moving into the white house with Carrie and other siblings. I am sure it would have been a blast. I wish she could have met my beautiful wife Katie, and the cutest baby in the world (Cora of course). Our family will never be the same without her. In some ways our family has also become closer as we have tried to cherish each moment because we know how fast it can be taken away. I love you Carrie and I miss you. I look forward to our reunion one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I miss Carrie too. I thought about her and your whole family a lot yesterday. I cannot believe that it has been five years. I remember how strong your family was when it all happend. I am so thankful for the fun times I had with Carrie and for your family taking me in as a teen. Mel and Carrie are like sisters to me and I think of your Mom every time I make it to the Temple (she bought me my Temple bag for a wedding gift). I am happy to see that things are going well for your little family. You have such a beautiful wife and the cutest little girl. Some day, soon enough, Carrie will be able to meet your family and by then we will all know why things happend the way they did.
I don't really have any words or any way to relate except I want you to know that hearing you talk about Carrie motivates me to be a better person so thanks for sharing.
What a sweet brother you are! Great eternal perspecive too.
I don't really have a lot of words right now except that I miss Carrie, and my other kids are too far away also. It just makes me happy that there are people who still remember. Thank you for remembering and sharing.
Thanks for the post and reminder to enjoy the time we have with our family here, but look forward to our future reunion. Your post is very similar to how I feel about my brother (who passed away 14 years ago), but you have a much better way with words. I can just imagine how wonderful Carrie is.
Post a Comment