Wednesday, November 7, 2007

honeymooooooon

After Hotel Monaco, Kevin and I went to my parent's house and we opened presents. We then went to the airport and flew to Long Beach. From there we went to the port and walked our way into the Carnival cruise!!! It was super cheap and we thought we were getting a great deal; however, it wasn't as great as we thought. The stops were at Catalina Island (where we thought we were going to sit on the beach and swim in the ocean, nope, it was more of just shops). Kevin and I just decided to walk around and we were able to see a fabulous garden and wonderful houses.
After that we went back to the boat. The boat....that was so fun. They are ALWAYS taking pictures of you and then posting them. Kevin even gambled a dollar (don't tell). We got a free drink card and drank pineapple juice all the time. Actually, even the first day, there were waiters who were taking these wonderful looking smoothies so I got two, one for Kevin and one for me. Just as I was about to take a sip, Kevin informs me that the drinks have alcohol in them. Ooops. I guess we aren't in Utah anymore. So anyway, after that we went to Ensenada Mexico.
Again, we thought a little beach, a little ocean, a little fun. Nope. The boat dropped us off at this industrial park and we had to take a shuttle into the town. The only thing people did was drink at restaurants. Luckily, Kevin can speak Spanish and we got a cheap ride to the blow-hole. That was awesome. We got our names written on grains of rice and one of those wood-flip-things. We also saw the most random thing...painted on black velvet with white paint was a picture of Joseph Smith. Of course on the same medium were two other paintings: Tupac, and Elvis.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Whoa! That picture of Joseph Smith is an odd find! I never would expect to see that anywhere other than a Deseret Bookstore or something. Great blog, Kevin and Katie! I love reading about what you two have been up to!!!